x

Trying to get records of transactions from more than 2 years ago

Just need help getting info from a transaction more than 1 yr ago. How do I reset history to more than a year

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @StreetwiseDave.  I’m not sure you can on a POS.  But from your online dashboard, you can get any transaction.  

If you are NOT on a mobile device (a laptop, desktop or tablet), just go to your dashboard > Transactions.  Click on the date dropdown, and at the bottom there will be a start and end date, along with the date presets.  Key in the date (range) desired and you’ll see all of the transactions in that range.

If you are on a phone, it’s a little trickier.  Click on the date dropdown and select last year.  Then you can use the left and right arrows to go back a year at a time.   Alternatively, you can choose a preset month (like last month) then backup month by month until you reach the desired month of transactions.

Also, it is quicker if you have the information to use the filter by box, where you can filter by last 4 digits of card number, an item, a receipt number, or customer name, among others.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @StreetwiseDave.  I’m not sure you can on a POS.  But from your online dashboard, you can get any transaction.  

If you are NOT on a mobile device (a laptop, desktop or tablet), just go to your dashboard > Transactions.  Click on the date dropdown, and at the bottom there will be a start and end date, along with the date presets.  Key in the date (range) desired and you’ll see all of the transactions in that range.

If you are on a phone, it’s a little trickier.  Click on the date dropdown and select last year.  Then you can use the left and right arrows to go back a year at a time.   Alternatively, you can choose a preset month (like last month) then backup month by month until you reach the desired month of transactions.

Also, it is quicker if you have the information to use the filter by box, where you can filter by last 4 digits of card number, an item, a receipt number, or customer name, among others.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @StreetwiseDave, thanks for joining our seller community! We are so happy to have you! 😊

As @TheRealChipA mentioned you will need to do this from the transactions in Dashboard. I provided a screenshot below, so you can get a better idea. Thank you for walking the seller through this @TheRealChipA

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 3.15.58 PM.png

Message 3 of 3