x

Why reports change

Why does Square continually change what is on their reports and also where you can access them?

I am tired of going in each month and having to search for the report I need to complete the accounting. Then they do not ever change their instructions on their help page as to how and where to get the report I need so it does absolutely no good to look there.

Very frustrating.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hi @Santa63.  Fellow seller here, so I can’t speak to the “why” of anything Square does.  But I can add some context.

For years not (I’ve been with Square over a decade), one of our biggest complaints has been how bare-bones and basic Square standard reports are.  Finally in the past year or so they have started addressing this shortcoming.  They’ve added much needed new insights and information in many of their reports, and from what I’m seeing in the beta community even more is coming.  Most of us welcome these changes.  I know that in my case I’ve been able to get ride of 8-10 spreadsheet reports that I used to have to maintain, all because of the recent changes that Square has made.  I’m looking forward to being able to find all of the information I need about my sales on the Square Dashboard.

To your other complaint, that one is one I share.  I’ve noticed recently that the engineers have started leaving old reports they move in place for a few months, with an announcement and a link to that report’s new “home.”  Occasionally this does not happen and I do think that the engineers and designers need to be made aware that this announcement/redirection is critical to all sellers and should be a requirement every time a report is moved or merged with another report.

But I, and many other sellers, do not want to dissuade them from making things better for us.  We’ve waited too long to have more comprehensive insight into our businesses.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2