x

Modifiers and Variations on Custom Orders

I thought about adding the "custom" option under the ready to sell item but the modifier still shows when custom isn't selected.  I would want the modifier to show up only if custom is selected under the item.  How do I get the modifier to show based off of variation selected only.  When the modifier shows up all the time I think it looks congested, unprofessional and not inviting.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @pupcupsnmore

Great question! Could you give me some more information on how your custom items are set up with the modifier? This will help me identify the best path to your answer. 

An item can have both of these under an item, but variations and modifiers aren't connected. You won't be able to turn off a modifier whenever a certain variation is selected. 

Here is a great Community post by one of our Super Sellers that mentions the best time to use a variation or modifier on your items. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there, @pupcupsnmore

Great question! Could you give me some more information on how your custom items are set up with the modifier? This will help me identify the best path to your answer. 

An item can have both of these under an item, but variations and modifiers aren't connected. You won't be able to turn off a modifier whenever a certain variation is selected. 

Here is a great Community post by one of our Super Sellers that mentions the best time to use a variation or modifier on your items. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2