x

Is there a way to integrate inventory count of items to modifiers/variations/options?

Hey everyone. I run a small restaurant and I'd like to keep the inventory task tidy to prevent overselling sold-out items.

Say I sell burgers, French fries, and sodas individually, but to boost sales I create an item category "combos" so for $$ price you'd get 1 burger, 1 French fries, and 1 soda can all together.

So if I only had 10 soda cans left for the day regardless if they are being sold as part of the combo item or individually. I need to find a way to tie the inventory count of my sodas so in case if I were to sell out all my sodas, a customer would be able to order online a combo because I'm already sold out on the sodas.

If possible, I'd like to learn a way to automatically tie the inventory count to avoid selling items that have already sold out. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi BlossomBites,

You may want to look into some the 3rd party Apps that work with Square.  See this info.  Square's basic inventory features work well for most people however, when it comes to a requirement for specific logic, that can be a challenge unless you have the help of a Developer or consider using a 3rd party App that has the features you need.  Just my thoughts of course, perhaps some other volunteer Community Members have some thoughts as there is quite a bit of hands on experience here.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi BlossomBites,

You may want to look into some the 3rd party Apps that work with Square.  See this info.  Square's basic inventory features work well for most people however, when it comes to a requirement for specific logic, that can be a challenge unless you have the help of a Developer or consider using a 3rd party App that has the features you need.  Just my thoughts of course, perhaps some other volunteer Community Members have some thoughts as there is quite a bit of hands on experience here.

Message 2 of 2