x

Customer Store Credit

I am looking for  'Customer Credit' as a payment option. I was disappointed House Account was a different process. I want to skip using the gift cards. (For example is Mary gives me 20.00 and asks to put it in a store credit to be used for her friend when she comes in next week.) Instead of managing a physical gift card and assuming fees that would be unnecessary I would select the customer to receive the credit, insert the amount to be added to that customer and save. When Mary's friend came in the following week when I got to the payment option page I would choose 'Customer Credit' and it would proceed as a gift card essentially. How long would it take to put something like this together?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hello @Owner49 thanks for your post. House Accounts are a current feature of Square, but it seems as if this isn't working the way you'd like it to for your business. You can submit new ideas and suggestions for improvement to Square by posting a Feature Request in the Ideate area of the community:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Ideate/ct-p/Ideate

You could manually keep track of prepayments by customer...

Go to your Square Dashboard > Customers.

For example I'll use "Jane Doe". Go to Jane Doe, and select Personal Information.

You can then Accept Payment (either cash or credit card), and make a note in the customer note field (or in a journal/ledger).

When another customer comes in to "spend" that money, before you charge the sale, make a deduction of the dollar amount you're crediting. Then you can make a manual note in Jane Doe's account that the money was used.

I know this isn't ideal but it may be a workaround for your purposes.

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

@Owner49 we offer a store credit solution that may work here. Using your example, in our solution you can issue a digital store credit for $20 to Mary's friend. That she can add to her iphone/android wallet and use it the next time they visit your store. Happy to discuss / demo the solution, if there is interest.

Message 3 of 3