x

No option to link a bank account and location error message

Hi there, I am having two issues. I am located in Bermuda.

1. I have created an account but it does not allow me the option to link a bank account. 

2. I keep getting an error message regarding my location: “1 location is active for payments but does not have an address. Please update its address” I have updated my address but keep getting this message.

Kindly help.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @anertaila, thank you for posting.

To second @JK_Fiber_Art, Bermuda is not a country supported by Square for card processing at the moment, which is why you're unable to link a bank account. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to enable card payments in Bermuda. It looks like the link shared above is US based, so I've also linked the UK article here.

You can still use Square to track inventory and create receipts for your customers though. If you currently accept credit cards with a card terminal or plan to in the future, you can also record your card payments in the Square app. 

I'd like to take a closer look at the error message you're getting, could you share a screenshot on this thread ? When/where exactly does this message pop up ? 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Per the info here, it looks like setting up a Bermuda Account is not going to work.   Maybe some other volunteer Community Members have some suggestions or a possible work around.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @anertaila, thank you for posting.

To second @JK_Fiber_Art, Bermuda is not a country supported by Square for card processing at the moment, which is why you're unable to link a bank account. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to enable card payments in Bermuda. It looks like the link shared above is US based, so I've also linked the UK article here.

You can still use Square to track inventory and create receipts for your customers though. If you currently accept credit cards with a card terminal or plan to in the future, you can also record your card payments in the Square app. 

I'd like to take a closer look at the error message you're getting, could you share a screenshot on this thread ? When/where exactly does this message pop up ? 

Message 3 of 3