x

Adding a waiver (hosted in google docs) to the item purchase process

Hello,

I manage the website for a community pottery studio. We need all users to sign waivers and we would like to introduce them first thing before they make the payment, is it possible to add anything to the item purchase user flow?

Thanks,
JPS

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @junkpot,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Currently, Square Online doesn't support adding waivers directly into the online payment flow. However, we do offer a tool that might suit your needs - Square Contracts. This tool allows you to create custom templates and send digital contracts, directly to your customers.

Although Square Contracts are typically sent after a payment has been made, they could still be a valuable tool for your studio. For instance, if your website is equipped with the Square Appointments Booking Flow, it can automatically send a digital contract to the customer right after a booking is confirmed.

You also have the option to manually send out Square Contracts from your Dashboard whenever necessary. This could be an option to ensure all users complete the required waivers before they visit the studio.

Please feel free to check out the articles I’ve linked above, and don't hesitate to post any further questions you might have here.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Hello Junkpot,

Unfortunately I don't think there's a feature or option to do what you have mind.  Note, it's probably possible with the help of a Developer and a bit custom coding but, that's beyond the scope of this Community.  Square does have a Developer Forum.  I've seen requests in the past for adding a Checkbox on the checkout screen to ensure that the customer agrees with the website's policies, else they could not complete the checkout process.  I don't think there was enough support for the suggestion.  That's where Square's Feature Request process comes in place - an idea or suggestion is submitted and if enough people ask for the same feature, then it's taken under consideration and hopefully gets implemented.  That's how Coupons and Discounts happened and other tweaks like the ability to delete files (photos) from your item library.  Perhaps some of the other Community Members have some thoughts about your need.

Message 2 of 7

Best Answer

Hi there @junkpot,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Currently, Square Online doesn't support adding waivers directly into the online payment flow. However, we do offer a tool that might suit your needs - Square Contracts. This tool allows you to create custom templates and send digital contracts, directly to your customers.

Although Square Contracts are typically sent after a payment has been made, they could still be a valuable tool for your studio. For instance, if your website is equipped with the Square Appointments Booking Flow, it can automatically send a digital contract to the customer right after a booking is confirmed.

You also have the option to manually send out Square Contracts from your Dashboard whenever necessary. This could be an option to ensure all users complete the required waivers before they visit the studio.

Please feel free to check out the articles I’ve linked above, and don't hesitate to post any further questions you might have here.

Message 3 of 7

I want to require clients to fill out a form before booking an appointment and was just wondering if there is a way I could do this on my website?

Message 4 of 7

Hi there, @kbrassell24. 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve gone ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where this topic has been touched on recently. Please see my reply to one of our Square Sellers, which has been marked as the Best Answer in the thread.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions!

Message 5 of 7
Square Champion

You can attach an contract to an invoice- so when they pay they have to sign the contract- that might be a good work around for you

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 7

Hi Junkpot,

I used be annoyed by the same , but I've solved this problem with WaiverForever,I require my customers to sign the waiver before they can proceed to payment.

WaiverForever allows me to redirect customers to my payment page after they sign the waiver. 

So my flow is: 

People in my website, sign the waiver, hit submit and the automatically be redirected to the payment page and pay.

Hope this can help you too! 

You can check here

Message 7 of 7