x

Why are the items I uploaded not showing on my website?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: items]

I already added items to the item library. However, when I go to preview my website, I do not see any of the items. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!!

Message 1 of 6
2 Best Answers
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @lilyslanyards !

I agree with @BernadetteA  that a link to your website will be most helpful in figuring out what is going on here, but I have a few ideas for you:

-With each item, did you enable them on your website? Look for the "Where it's sold" section in your item configuration.

-With each item, did you enable the correct fulfillment? Shipping, pickup, and/or delivery? That's in the "Fulfillment" section a little further down the item configuration screen.

-Have you configured your fulfillment settings for your website? Dashboard -> Account & Settings -> Fulfillment. Check each one of these sections even if you're not offering it.

Best rule of thumb is to make sure your items and fulfillment match. If you don't offer shipping but one item is configured for it, it can and usually does lead to missing items on your site.

One other thing: when you're doing a lot of changes to your site, there's a good chance that your web browser won't keep up and show you past versions of the site. Clear your cache and restart your browser or have another browser window in incognito mode to keep up on all the changes.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 6
Square Champion

Best Answer

@MyNaturalGardnr 

Yeah, creating items on mobile can sometimes be frustrating. If you can, I recommend creating your items on your Dashboard.

From mobile, however, you're looking for the Online section. It's down below the Description area.

-Assign to site(s) is where you determine what online store you want your item to be shown.

-Site Visibility is where you can make items visible, hidden (good for if you have special items available to only certain customers: you can send them a link to that item), or Unavailable

-Fulfillment Settings is where you determine how the item can get into your customer's hands

Hopefully this will help. Also, I assume the "this is me" part of your response was meant to have your website linked? It's not showing a link currently. 😞

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @lilyslanyards 😊

I'm happy to help you out with this! Did you add the items through the Square dashboard? Are they showing up on the Square Online dashboard, just not on your live website? 

Do you mind posting a link to your site, so I can investigate further, and provide you with the most relevant resources? 

Thanks in advance! 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 🎉

Message 2 of 6

This is me. Added items to Square dashboard from mobile, not visible online. 

There is not an option to locate “Where it’s sold” toggle for the website. 

Will check back later for any progress, I’m going to try and keep poking around to find the link from Dashboard Library to Online Website…

Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

Best Answer

@MyNaturalGardnr 

Yeah, creating items on mobile can sometimes be frustrating. If you can, I recommend creating your items on your Dashboard.

From mobile, however, you're looking for the Online section. It's down below the Description area.

-Assign to site(s) is where you determine what online store you want your item to be shown.

-Site Visibility is where you can make items visible, hidden (good for if you have special items available to only certain customers: you can send them a link to that item), or Unavailable

-Fulfillment Settings is where you determine how the item can get into your customer's hands

Hopefully this will help. Also, I assume the "this is me" part of your response was meant to have your website linked? It's not showing a link currently. 😞

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 6
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @lilyslanyards !

I agree with @BernadetteA  that a link to your website will be most helpful in figuring out what is going on here, but I have a few ideas for you:

-With each item, did you enable them on your website? Look for the "Where it's sold" section in your item configuration.

-With each item, did you enable the correct fulfillment? Shipping, pickup, and/or delivery? That's in the "Fulfillment" section a little further down the item configuration screen.

-Have you configured your fulfillment settings for your website? Dashboard -> Account & Settings -> Fulfillment. Check each one of these sections even if you're not offering it.

Best rule of thumb is to make sure your items and fulfillment match. If you don't offer shipping but one item is configured for it, it can and usually does lead to missing items on your site.

One other thing: when you're doing a lot of changes to your site, there's a good chance that your web browser won't keep up and show you past versions of the site. Clear your cache and restart your browser or have another browser window in incognito mode to keep up on all the changes.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your response. i did figure it out. 

Message 6 of 6