x

What is the process for adjusting item prices on the invoice after an order has been placed?

Hi, I have several questions:

Our seller is preparing for the Holidays and plans to offer some catering items through Square Online store. His goal is to allow customers to place orders with an initial deposit and then adjust the final price on the invoice based on the actual weight of some items.

I have a couple of specific questions:
How can we sync the ordering page items with Square Invoices to ensure that deposits are accurately recorded and final prices can be adjusted?
What is the process for adjusting item prices on the invoice after an order has been placed?
Once the online order is placed and partial payment is completed, the seller then needs to go create an invoice manually?
Can invoices be printed in bulk? The seller estimates about 500 orders at Christmas and would like to print all 500 invoices at the same time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @wiseanttech_m, thanks for reaching out, I hope you are well! 

At this time Square online and invoices would not be able to accommodate a workflow like this. I suggest submitting a feature request! In the meantime I will tag some super sellers who might be able to provide some workarounds @Greenmonkey65 @vinesandrushes @MAXSDELI @sugarlab @timberhillwine @LocavoreStore @PartyManiaMD.

Thanks, everyone. You rock! 

Message 2 of 5

Hi, I have several questions:

Our seller is preparing for the Holidays and plans to offer some catering items through Square Online store. His goal is to allow customers to place orders with an initial deposit and then adjust the final price on the invoice based on the actual weight of some items.

I have a couple of specific questions:
How can we sync the ordering page items with Square Invoices to ensure that deposits are accurately recorded and final prices can be adjusted?
Once the online order is placed and partial payment is completed, the seller then needs to go create an invoice manually?
Can invoices be printed in bulk? The seller estimates about 500 orders at Christmas and would like to print all 500 invoices at the same time.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @wiseanttech_m,

It looks like you may have posted this previously, so we merged it into one thread. In this thread, you can find a response from @MAYAP, with more information. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

I'm gonna try to give a workaround but I've not done 500 invoices at one time. 

• I suggest doing each invoice separately. 
  • Do an invoice for the deposit amount since that is a set amount, correct? (like 50%)
  • In the notes or description, indicate that this is the deposit for your order. When the order is delivered or picked up, you will be billed for the remaining balance, including weight adjustment. 
  • You can create a template for this invoice so you don't have to create it from scratch each time. 
  • Create a final balance invoice to be paid once the order is ready for pick up or delivery. 
  • Does anyone else have other ideas?
Rusty Sutton
The Green Monkey LLC
www.greenmonkeyraleigh.com
FB: greenmonkeyraleigh
IG: greenmonkeyraleigh
Twitter: @greenmonkeyshop
Message 5 of 5