x

Unable to change page URL

Any work around for changing a page URL? Used to be able to view page settings and adjust the URL but it seems that feature has been removed? 

That’s an incredibly useful and required feature by any website builder and web dev. Why take it away?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Laurie_ I was reading another similar post this morning and noticed something new to that Page Settings pop up.  NOW it has an actual Page URL field, in addition to the Page Name field.  Changing this URL works as expected.  So, my guess is that @Collintheshoc and I caught the engineers in the middle of rolling out an update which seems to be fully implemented now.

@Collintheshoc it seems that we can now change Page Name and Page URL independently, and they don’t have to be the same anymore.  That’s actually even better in my book!  Let us know if you don’t see this new field when you edit page settings.

IMG_5255.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

Good morning, @Collintheshoc.  When I first read your post, I was just SURE that you were doing something wrong because, like you, I know this worked until very recently.  But you were right and I was wrong.  It looks like you have identified either a pesky bug or a very, very bad decision on someone’s part.  I’ll give Square the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is just a bug that is easily fixed.

I’m going to tag a few Square moderators, and I’m also attaching a video showing my experiences with doing something that — until very recently — I could do with ease.  Now, it seems, I can’t.  Hmmmm…

Hang tight.  Hopefully the moderators get a good answer from the engineers.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 7
Square Champion

@_Violet @RobynR 

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Howdy there @Collintheshoc 👋,

Thank you for the video and the tag, @TheRealChipA! I'm running into this same issue when testing the behaviour on my own account. As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any recent changes to this feature. I've escalated the matter to my team for further review.

I expect to come back to you with a response within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, please bear with us, and hopefully, I'll have better news for you when I return!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Laurie_ I was reading another similar post this morning and noticed something new to that Page Settings pop up.  NOW it has an actual Page URL field, in addition to the Page Name field.  Changing this URL works as expected.  So, my guess is that @Collintheshoc and I caught the engineers in the middle of rolling out an update which seems to be fully implemented now.

@Collintheshoc it seems that we can now change Page Name and Page URL independently, and they don’t have to be the same anymore.  That’s actually even better in my book!  Let us know if you don’t see this new field when you edit page settings.

IMG_5255.jpeg

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 7

Seems to be fixed now. Thank you everybody! Your sellers appreciate your quick action and response.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

You beat me to it, @Collintheshoc and @TheRealChipA

If you ever notice anything like this in the future, don't hesitate to bring it to our attention!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7