x

Tipping for Pickup is enabled but not visible on Square Online checkout

I've enabled Tipping option but it's not showing up for my online store upon checkout.  What am I doing wrong?Screenshot 2024-06-01 001321.pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 001336.pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 151438.png

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I appreciate your patience @TheForYouShoppe, this should be working now!

The item called "Custom: Big-Head / Fan Cutouts" in your SO site items has the item type set to "Other" which isn't a physical item type. Tipping can only be used with pickup, delivery, and QR code ordering. The item was changed to physical and tipping is appearing.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 10.34.22 AM.png

If you need anything else or have further questions let me know! 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @TheForYouShoppe, that is certainly odd! 

I have escalated this to support and will follow up as soon as I have more insight. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Message 2 of 4

Best Answer

I appreciate your patience @TheForYouShoppe, this should be working now!

The item called "Custom: Big-Head / Fan Cutouts" in your SO site items has the item type set to "Other" which isn't a physical item type. Tipping can only be used with pickup, delivery, and QR code ordering. The item was changed to physical and tipping is appearing.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 10.34.22 AM.png

If you need anything else or have further questions let me know! 

Message 3 of 4

Can we submit a request to allow for tips on non-physical items?  I don't understand why tips would be restricted to only certain category items. 

My items are not solely physical, since they also provide a custom service attached to the physical item. 

Square's description says to select "Other: Best for items you will fulfill manually," and this certainly seems to warrant the option to allow for tips.

Message 4 of 4