x
Beta Member

Show Style Number

Hello, 

I am in the process of entering in inventory and I do not see an option to add in an item's specific style number. I am selling dancewear and there are many different types/styles of an item. For example jazz shoes...one brand can have several different styles of jazz shoes. I know I can add the style number to the description, but it would be great if there was a spot to add in the style! Curious if anyone has come up with a solution to this! I am still very new to Square so this could be a feature and I am just missing it. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Dancewearvb, thanks for posting 🙂.

What does the style number looks like ? Is it a code you created yourself, or that is provided with the product ? Square lets you add a SKU or GTIN number (available with Square for Retail):

• SKUs: A Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) is an internal identification number that consists of a unique series of letters and numbers, often referred to as a “SKU number” and/or “product code.” Sellers assign unique SKU numbers to products in order to identify items within their point of sale and inventory management system.
  • GTINs: A Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) is the source of truth and used to identify trade items and products throughout the supply chain. GTIN is a term used to describe multiple families of product identification numbers

You might also find the following articles helpful:

I hope this answer your question, but let me know if not !

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Dancewearvb, thanks for posting 🙂.

What does the style number looks like ? Is it a code you created yourself, or that is provided with the product ? Square lets you add a SKU or GTIN number (available with Square for Retail):

• SKUs: A Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) is an internal identification number that consists of a unique series of letters and numbers, often referred to as a “SKU number” and/or “product code.” Sellers assign unique SKU numbers to products in order to identify items within their point of sale and inventory management system.
  • GTINs: A Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) is the source of truth and used to identify trade items and products throughout the supply chain. GTIN is a term used to describe multiple families of product identification numbers

You might also find the following articles helpful:

I hope this answer your question, but let me know if not !

Message 2 of 2