x
Beta Member

Setting up a discount for online sales

I'm not sure if I am missing something or it's just not set up to do this properly but I am having trouble setting up a discount that seems to me should be common.

We want to do a special for the holidays where we apply a $20 discount to a case. So I want it to be set up that if a customer purchases 24 items of the items we are setting up in the online store that they get a $20 discount but when I try to set it up it applies the $20 to each item once they get to 24 making it free. 

I can't do it as a percentage discount because we want to only apply it every time they get 24 not to all items over the 24 minimum.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @FTB2021! Thanks for your post. 🙂

Are the items that will be included in this 24-pack case all the same price? If so, you should be able to achieve what you’re looking by creating the following automatic discount:

1. From your online Square Dashboard, navigate to Items & Orders > Items > Discounts > Create a Discount.
  2. Add a Discount Name.
  3. Set the Amount Type to Amount ($).
  4. Set the Discount Amount to $5.00.
  5. Toggle on Discount rules.
  6. For Apply discount to, select Quantity.
  7. Set the Quantity to 20.
  8. Click Add individual items to choose your items.
  9. Under Apply $5 discount to… click Add Discount Rule, then select Buy One Get One.
  10. Set the Quantity to 4.
  11. Click Copy eligible items to apply the same items to the Buy One Get One discount rule.
  12. Under Apply Automatic Discount, ensure the box for Square Online sites is checked.
  13. Toggle on Minimum Spend, and set the minimum subtotal to $120.00 (or the price of 24 items).
  14. Click Save.

This discount will start to activate when a customer adds 20 eligible items to their cart, and will unlock a $20.00 discount on the next 4 items (4 x $5.00). The minimum spend setting ensures the discount will only apply when all 24 items are added to the cart.

Please see screenshots below.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

6.png
7.png

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @FTB2021! Thanks for your post. 🙂

Are the items that will be included in this 24-pack case all the same price? If so, you should be able to achieve what you’re looking by creating the following automatic discount:

1. From your online Square Dashboard, navigate to Items & Orders > Items > Discounts > Create a Discount.
  2. Add a Discount Name.
  3. Set the Amount Type to Amount ($).
  4. Set the Discount Amount to $5.00.
  5. Toggle on Discount rules.
  6. For Apply discount to, select Quantity.
  7. Set the Quantity to 20.
  8. Click Add individual items to choose your items.
  9. Under Apply $5 discount to… click Add Discount Rule, then select Buy One Get One.
  10. Set the Quantity to 4.
  11. Click Copy eligible items to apply the same items to the Buy One Get One discount rule.
  12. Under Apply Automatic Discount, ensure the box for Square Online sites is checked.
  13. Toggle on Minimum Spend, and set the minimum subtotal to $120.00 (or the price of 24 items).
  14. Click Save.

This discount will start to activate when a customer adds 20 eligible items to their cart, and will unlock a $20.00 discount on the next 4 items (4 x $5.00). The minimum spend setting ensures the discount will only apply when all 24 items are added to the cart.

Please see screenshots below.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

6.png
7.png

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 2