x

Stop with the Captcha!

Long time Square user. This has just started this week. EVERY time I log in, which is often, I am prompted with Captcha!  Honestly, I do not have the time or the patience when I am trying to deal with customers, create invoices, edit invoices, to screw around checking boxes for buses or bicycles. 

Make it stop!

And no, I do not care about any extra security Captcha offers.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @geekeliteaz 👋

I completely understand how frustrating it can be to have an extra step every time you log in.

We use reCAPTCHA, a service by Google, to ensure login attempts are made by real people and not automated systems. Unfortunately, the triggers for reCAPTCHA prompts are determined by Google, not by Square.

If you’ve noticed these prompts happening more frequently this week, it might be helpful to check for any recent changes, such as new software installations, the use of a VPN, a password manager autofilling your credentials, or if your web browser needs an update.

While there are many factors that could trigger these reCAPTCHA prompts, getting them every time you log in is certainly not the experience we want for our Sellers, but this added layer of security is important to keep our platform safe. 

Hope this information is helpful. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @geekeliteaz 👋

I completely understand how frustrating it can be to have an extra step every time you log in.

We use reCAPTCHA, a service by Google, to ensure login attempts are made by real people and not automated systems. Unfortunately, the triggers for reCAPTCHA prompts are determined by Google, not by Square.

If you’ve noticed these prompts happening more frequently this week, it might be helpful to check for any recent changes, such as new software installations, the use of a VPN, a password manager autofilling your credentials, or if your web browser needs an update.

While there are many factors that could trigger these reCAPTCHA prompts, getting them every time you log in is certainly not the experience we want for our Sellers, but this added layer of security is important to keep our platform safe. 

Hope this information is helpful. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2