x

MAJOR inventory and website issues

Every item I have created and added to my website in the last few days is showing up as "sold out" even though it is showing I have stock on my end. Called tech support and they gave me the usual wait 24hrs. Of course it isn't fixed. I have new release items and pre-order items that I can't sell and I have already noticed a drastic drop in sales and have received calls from out of state customers upset they can't place orders. I also noticed that a lot of items that I have added in previous weeks are not showing up in my website categories even though it shows they are in the categories on my end. Has anyone else had these issues and been able to have them resolved? I can't sell if people can't see it. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @encsportscards 👋 thanks for flagging and sorry to hear that you're running into this. 

Over the weekend, there were some problems with the Square Online inventory sync that could have caused the issue you mentioned. Our engineering team has now resolved all of these issues.

However, it may also be unrelated - can you let me know if you are still experiencing these issues? If you are, can you please share a link to your site here and some specific examples of items and issues you are experiencing with them?

I can take a closer look into this that way.  I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 7

As of right now, it appears to have been resolved. We are getting new inventory this afternoon and I will be making updates to the website then. 

Message 3 of 7

@Breffni after trying to add new items and update my site, all of the issues are back again. I have reached out to the person assigned to my case and have not had a response yet. This is now day 5 of lost sales. I would like this resolved as soon as possible. If the updates aren't working, put it back to the way it was until its ready to release.

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @encsportscards

We appreciate your continued patience on this, our team is looking into this and how we can assist. As soon as we have an update, we will let you know here.

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

I'm having the same problem. None of the items that I added this morning are showing up in the online store. They were briefly there for a few minutes, and then disappeared. In addition, some random (old) items that have been deleted are now showing up on the website, and it looks absolutely terrible... especially when you click on them and get a 404 page not found error. So frustrating. Square, please HELP!

The Vanity Dish
Selectively Sourced Thrift
Message 6 of 7

We're having the same problems.

What's more, it appears that with the merger of Items both in Online and Home, it's no longer possible to add an Item to a category when you're creating the item ... utterly useless! 

I want to be able to add items to categories when I create them, it's common sense!

This appears to be the result of a botched merger. I hope it's fixed soon. Unfortunately, it really has me losing trust in Square as a corporate sales platform.

Message 7 of 7