x

I need the ability to print the class link on the receipt when a buyer purchases a specific class.

I need the ability to print the class link on the receipt when a buyer purchases a specific class. Will square be offering the ability to print different receipts for different products anytime soon?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi 10-8blueLLC,

That's an interesting requirement - I haven't come across any transaction processing services that offer an option like that.  For here, probably submitting a Feature Request would be something to consider.  If enough people have the same need, anything is possible.  One work around would be to use the Item's "Note" field, we use this feature all of the time, but not for links.  The drawback I see is you could easily insert the link or URL for a particular Class and it would show on the printed receipt however, the customer would still have to manually enter it in their web browser.  It may work easier if the customer gets the email version of the receipt but, that should be tested first - no guarantees.  I don't believe you can insert a graphic in the Note Field, that would be great for a QR Code , it could easily be scanned off a paper receipt.  Anyway, just some thoughts from outside the box.  Maybe some other Community Members have some suggestions or work arounds for now.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi 10-8blueLLC,

That's an interesting requirement - I haven't come across any transaction processing services that offer an option like that.  For here, probably submitting a Feature Request would be something to consider.  If enough people have the same need, anything is possible.  One work around would be to use the Item's "Note" field, we use this feature all of the time, but not for links.  The drawback I see is you could easily insert the link or URL for a particular Class and it would show on the printed receipt however, the customer would still have to manually enter it in their web browser.  It may work easier if the customer gets the email version of the receipt but, that should be tested first - no guarantees.  I don't believe you can insert a graphic in the Note Field, that would be great for a QR Code , it could easily be scanned off a paper receipt.  Anyway, just some thoughts from outside the box.  Maybe some other Community Members have some suggestions or work arounds for now.

Message 2 of 5

That's interesting that it would be interesting. It's nothing more than buying an electronic product and then the system sending you to that product. That is how "course" websites work. The issue is that I want to process everything through square, and not through the course websites. I'd like to be able to run one tax report if possible.  We should be able to have receipts customized to each product we so when a product is purchased, the customer is taken directly to the product.

I will investigate the feature request. Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Hi @10-8blueLLC.  @JK_Fiber_Art is correct to send you to the Ideate Board to submit a feature request.  Honestly, at first I thought I had a work-around, but I hit a dead-end.  

My idea was that if you turned on description printing for normal receipts (printed and e-receipts) that this should turn on descriptions for online receipts as well.  Then you could just add the URL of the class to your description and all would be great. No such luck, however!  I also looked at the email for order confirmations to see if it had customization features, but it does not.  If only item/service description were printed on online receipts, you could use my idea as a workaround, but it’s not and can’t be.  Sigh.

I’d definitely recommend a feature request and when you make one come back here and give us the URL link so that we can support it.  I, for one, think that there are a few ways this could be added.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 5

Message 5 of 5