x

How to transfer sales from one location to another (same bank for both)?

We have two accounts with Square:

• one for our library bookstore
  • the other for library fundraising events

The bookstore account was used accidentally for a fundraising event. This throws off our bookstore income reports. 

Both accounts send income to the same bank account.

How can this be fixed so that the bookstore does not include income from an event? Is there a way to transfer these sales to the event account?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @BPLTreasurer.. Since each Square account is tied to either an EIN or a SSN, and there can only be one account per tax ID, once a transaction is rung up with one account it can not be “transferred” via Square.  Once a transaction is closed, it is closed and can not be changed, period.  That makes your issue purely one of accounting.  You’ll need to make the appropriate correcting journal entries to transfer sales from one entity to the other.

If you don’t want certain items/services to be rung up as sales for the bookstore, or vice versa, then you just need to remove those items from that appropriate account’s item catalog.

Of course, I’m assuming that you have item/service catalogs and that you aren’t just entering sales as custom amounts and then processing card payments.  If that is not the case, then we need more information about your setup and your sales flow.   At this point I’m making assumptions that might be wrong.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @BPLTreasurer.. Since each Square account is tied to either an EIN or a SSN, and there can only be one account per tax ID, once a transaction is rung up with one account it can not be “transferred” via Square.  Once a transaction is closed, it is closed and can not be changed, period.  That makes your issue purely one of accounting.  You’ll need to make the appropriate correcting journal entries to transfer sales from one entity to the other.

If you don’t want certain items/services to be rung up as sales for the bookstore, or vice versa, then you just need to remove those items from that appropriate account’s item catalog.

Of course, I’m assuming that you have item/service catalogs and that you aren’t just entering sales as custom amounts and then processing card payments.  If that is not the case, then we need more information about your setup and your sales flow.   At this point I’m making assumptions that might be wrong.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2