x
Beta Member

Refunds for Undelivered Door Dash

I cannot seem to find this information, so I apologize if this is a duplicate post. 

My question is about the refund policy from DoorDash if my store completes an order successfully, but DoorDash messes it up.

I completely understand that a customer deserves a refund if it doesn't arrive, but shouldn't Square/DoorDash have to pay for that refund instead of my store. DoorDash essentially "stole/destroyed" my product, but I am supposed to pay for it? Can someone help me through the logic/process here?

Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 3
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

@Nomada Unlike orders placed on DoorDash.com, with on-demand delivery, you have the relationship with your customer, so it is up to you to refund them the amount of your choosing... but then you can file a claim with DoorDash Drive to recover the cost of an error on their end.. In the event of an issue with an on-demand delivery order caused by a DoorDash dasher, please call the phone number on your ticket, go through the phone tree prompts to be directed to DoorDash Drive support, and explain the issue and ask for a credit.  You can find more information by reviewing our support article https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6925-on-demand-delivery-faq as well as the on-demand delivery terms of service

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Hey @Nomada. I've had the same issue with DoorDash messing up orders and my restaurant paying for it. It's frustrating! I learned you can dispute them, but they make it intentionally hard to do it if you're on your own.

I started using GetDeliveri, and they handle all the refund disputes with DoorDash, UberEats, and Grubhub. They charge 17% of what they recover, and it's saved us a ton. Check them out if you're tired of losing money: GetDeliveri.

Hope this helps!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Best Answer

@Nomada Unlike orders placed on DoorDash.com, with on-demand delivery, you have the relationship with your customer, so it is up to you to refund them the amount of your choosing... but then you can file a claim with DoorDash Drive to recover the cost of an error on their end.. In the event of an issue with an on-demand delivery order caused by a DoorDash dasher, please call the phone number on your ticket, go through the phone tree prompts to be directed to DoorDash Drive support, and explain the issue and ask for a credit.  You can find more information by reviewing our support article https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6925-on-demand-delivery-faq as well as the on-demand delivery terms of service

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Hey @Nomada. I've had the same issue with DoorDash messing up orders and my restaurant paying for it. It's frustrating! I learned you can dispute them, but they make it intentionally hard to do it if you're on your own.

I started using GetDeliveri, and they handle all the refund disputes with DoorDash, UberEats, and Grubhub. They charge 17% of what they recover, and it's saved us a ton. Check them out if you're tired of losing money: GetDeliveri.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3