x
Beta Member

How to get price data into Google Merchant Center with the Website crawl input method?

I am able to add the products from my online store (Weebly) to Google Merchant Center using the Website crawl input method. Unfortunately the feed does not include the price of the products.

Here you can see a sample of my products pulled-in to Google Merchant Center. Notice that the price column is missing.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 12.00.18 PM.png

According to Google Merchant Center, the only attributes that were successfully extracted with the Website crawl were: availability, condition, description, id, image link, link, title.

Is there a way to solve this issue by either providing a feed rule or a supplemental feed with the product data? Any ideas on how to go about resolving this issue?

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @RTAM and @amandadnielsen - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

I reached out to the Square Online Store Advanced Support Team for more insight on Google Product Listings. Here's what they've let me know:

"Google Product Listings are a little odd since you wouldn't actually use the website crawl method to integrate your Google Merchant account with your products.  Google actually sets a requirement for Square Sellers to have a published site with a full return/refund policy listed, payment methods displayed, a 'contact us' page, and in case you haven't verified your url - you'll need to do that with Google.  That would be what they manage on the site. The actual product feed would be integrated with Channel Listings in the Items page on your Square Dashboard.

This Support Article lists out Google's requirements you'll need to have added to your site in order to use Product Listings. Additionally, this article will explain how you can integrate with your Channel Listings on your Square Dashboard. You will need to have  Square for Retail in order to have access to that.

Once you have met all of Google's requirements and you also have Square for Retail, you will be allowed to manage Google's free Product Listings in your Sales Page on the Square Dashboard to import items to Google Merchant correctly."

I hope this information is helpful! If you have any additional questions, I would recommend getting in touch with our Support Team so they can assist you further.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Beta Member

Same exact problem! When I initially added the feed, it seemed to pull price. Then as Google approved it, it said it couldn't find it. Would love some help on this!

Message 2 of 17

Yes it would be great if the website crawl could figure this out without having to manually fix each price.

Message 3 of 17

I have this exact same problem.  Has anybody come up with a way to fix this with either a feed rule change or have weebly actually fix the feed so that it works?  When I check a product page using the rich results tool, the price information is there, why the crawler  isn't finding it is a mystery.

Message 4 of 17
Beta Member

I too have this problem. Thanks for nothing Square/Weebly

Message 5 of 17

I'm glad it's not just me. All articles on Google Merchant Center / Listings / Seller Channels are out of date and can't find any answers to this issue.

Message 6 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @RTAM and @amandadnielsen - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

I reached out to the Square Online Store Advanced Support Team for more insight on Google Product Listings. Here's what they've let me know:

"Google Product Listings are a little odd since you wouldn't actually use the website crawl method to integrate your Google Merchant account with your products.  Google actually sets a requirement for Square Sellers to have a published site with a full return/refund policy listed, payment methods displayed, a 'contact us' page, and in case you haven't verified your url - you'll need to do that with Google.  That would be what they manage on the site. The actual product feed would be integrated with Channel Listings in the Items page on your Square Dashboard.

This Support Article lists out Google's requirements you'll need to have added to your site in order to use Product Listings. Additionally, this article will explain how you can integrate with your Channel Listings on your Square Dashboard. You will need to have  Square for Retail in order to have access to that.

Once you have met all of Google's requirements and you also have Square for Retail, you will be allowed to manage Google's free Product Listings in your Sales Page on the Square Dashboard to import items to Google Merchant correctly."

I hope this information is helpful! If you have any additional questions, I would recommend getting in touch with our Support Team so they can assist you further.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 17

Good to know. I don't have "square for retail" and the thought of buying yet another service, on top of the monthly fee to use my own URL, doesn't sit well with me. I might look into it, but I might just go ahead and add listings manually.

Message 8 of 17

I have square for retail and this still does not work. It’s a technical issue with square/weebly. Contacted support and got transferred between square/weebly 6 times. May just end up having to switch to shopify. 

Message 9 of 17

This reply is not helpful, support was not helpful. Just kept getting transferred between square/weebly. This is some big they refuse to fix. Better off going with a different POS system and website provider. They are useless. 

Message 10 of 17
Square Champion

I was wondering if anybody is successfully using the the Google Merchant Centre with the automated feeds, where Google crawl your site sending product data to Google?

We have the feed set up but for some reason it is struggling with missing price values 'Missing value [price]', all the other data seems fine. So its doesn't show the price in the main product table in the Merchant Centre, but when you go to edit the item and add the price it is there. We have been able to find a work around but the problem is as Google crawls the data on our site, it seems to refresh the data and then a few days later the price is missing and the item is not then available for ads. Not sure if this is a Google issue or a Square issue? All I can say it's an annoying issue.

Google suggested setting up a supplemental feed, which seems like a cumbersome way to address the issue.

Has anyone come across this issue and did you manage to correct this or find a workable solution?

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 11 of 17
Admin

Hi @phillipsrw - Thanks for reaching out about this.

This has come up a few times on the community. So, I’ve gone ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where price data on the Google Merchant Center has previously been discussed. 

Please see the reply from Violet, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 12 of 17

This issue is still not resolved from the original post 4 years ago. Square and Weebly support were no help whatsoever just kept transferring me between the two companies. No answers. Just having to explain the issue over and over and over 

Message 13 of 17

This is a common problem they have not solved. No luck with support either. 

Message 14 of 17

Still facing this issue on our end as well. The suggested best answer provided twice in this article does nothing to address the issue. Please help...

Message 15 of 17

You can fix this by changing the price on Google Merchant Center "Next".  

Message 16 of 17

Changing every item price? Then no updates when you put things on sale? Doesn’t really work for most businesses with hundreds of items… 

Message 17 of 17