x

Google Product Listing Feed - Issues with Squares Feed to Google

Goal:

I want to run Shopping Ads through Google Merchant Center.

Problem: 

After chatting with Google extensively, there is an error in the feed that Square is sending Google for the product feeds. There is an exclusion for Shopping Ads. See image below.

https://take.ms/aUda6

Because there is a excluded destination in Square's product feed to Google, that means that I am not allowed to run shopping ads.

Square Team, can you acknowledge this issue and see if it can be fixed?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

HI, you can add code on your website as follows

Breadcrumbs and screenshot

Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, +Add Section, scroll down to Embed Code

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 7.54.53 AM.png

I am not a Square employee.  This method should allow for Google Ads.  On the Square platform, you do not have access or are not able to add code directly.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 17

Were you able to figure out a fix for this? I am having the exact same issue.

Message 3 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Google ads, @fallline. Were you able to test out the workaround @Goldneye shared in this thread? 

Message 4 of 17

Hi there, I'm having the same issue and I'm not quite sure what code @Goldneye  was suggesting to add.

thanks

Message 5 of 17

FIXED !!!!

Took me a couple of weeks and multiple phone calls to square and google. Anyway, I found a solution. Hope it works for all of you.

1. Go to your Google Merchanct center

2. Go to Products--> Feeds

3. Open your primary feed (Square) Yours might be called "Content API"

4. open it and go to Feed Rules

5. Add the rule in the screenshot below

6. Enjoy

MS.PNG

The issue is caused by Square by adding the following attribute (excluded destination:
Shopping) to every item's specification while feeding google merchant service. 

Message 6 of 17
Beta Member

I've tried this method. But am not seeing any updates for Shopping Ads in Google Merchant. Is there anything else that needs to be done after adding this Feed Rule?

Message 7 of 17

Hello, @Richmenlooks

I don't have experience with Google Merchants or Google Ads but hopefully @Gold has something that could help shine a light and answer your question.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 17
Beta Member

I was able to finally get the product feed to Google Merchant via the steps above! Thank you!

BUT NOW I am have almost 90% of my products disapproved because of a Mismatched domains [link]! It is super frustrating trying to get anything going with Square. The error now shows that my product images are pulling from some sort of amazonaws URL verses pulling the product images directly from our website. I am not even sure where to begin on correcting this. Any advise or feedback?

Message 9 of 17

Hey there, @Richmenlooks

Sorry to hear you're experiencing a new issue with your item images. Is the mismatched disapproval coming from Google or Square Online? 

If it's on the Google side, I would recommend reaching out to them directly. When it comes to integrations, we can only see our side. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 17
Beta Member

I've reached out to Google and they stated to get in contact with our website developer as the error is coming from the Content API feed into Google Merchant. When the item images arrive on the Google Merchant side the URL is showing an amazonaws.com link versus our own website.

For example: 

Image link shows this URL which is giving me a "Mismatched domains [link]" error since is does not match the verified website on Google Merchant which is www.richmenlooks.com:

Image link that is approved and active shows this URL which is pulling directly from our website:
Additionally, these errors all occurred on January 27th. All of our products were approved and running perfectly fine on Google Ads up until January 27th. Since then it has been a downhill battle. I have no idea what happened on that date. Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Message 11 of 17

I'm having this same issue at the moment. About 90% of my products have been disapproved due to an invalid link to the product landing page or image. I am now manually updating these fields. I am about 300 in. It's awesome.

Google_Merchant_Center_Disapproved_Feb2024.jpg

Message 12 of 17

Hi there, @Lootz👋

Try these troubleshooting steps

1. Go to your Google Merchanct center

2. Go to Products--> Feeds

3. Open your primary feed (Square) Yours might be called "Content API"

4. open it and go to Feed Rules

5. Add the rule in the screenshot below

Summer2024_0-1709560552984.png

Let me know if this works! 

Message 13 of 17

Thank you for copying that from the post above! I attempted that based on the previous post and was not successful. Thank you.

Message 14 of 17

@Lootz - Sometimes solutions get lost so I just wanted to make sure it was visible to you in case you had missed it, but it seems like you have done your due diligence here 😊 Let me ask around and see if there is any other solution that we could try here. 

Message 15 of 17

Two years and this is still an issue? But OMG, thank you! I couldn't figure it out on my own!

Message 16 of 17

Hey @salsasaint congrats on getting your product feed to work. I'm going to try this out since mine is not working.

I have attempted to connected with the API team at Square were they helpful or did you solve this with Google's help?

Question. From your screenshot, I can see that the Square API feed doesn't include shipping options from the Square Online shop, or product weights.

Did you receive this error in Google Merchant Center? Missing value for shipping rate [shipping weight]

If so, how did you set up shipping?

Message 17 of 17