x

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Ever since I switched my domain when I rebranded, my site will occasionally not load and I get this message. After searching the previously asked questions I have attempted to unpublish and republish my site, cleared my browsing history and data, double checked that my domain is connected to weebly in my godaddy account as well as on my square dashboard and everything looks correct. I’m not sure what else I’m missing. I will attempt to get in touch with someone at godaddy as well, but it seems like it’s a square/weebly issue. I appreciate any suggestions anyone has for me. Thanks so much in advance! 
IMG_9080.jpeg

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Champion

@DyeDreamCreativ  Welcome to the community. I did a SSL check on your website and I got this in return. No SSL certificates were found. I did a check on your A record and yours is pointing to  199.34.228.59, Squares Ip address for A records is 199.34.228.164. I would log into GoDaddy and change that to see if it clears it up. Below is a screenshot of your SSL check and you can read what the result was. It states to check that your name resolves to the correct server. Hopefully this will correct it for you.

IMG_0932.jpeg

Message 2 of 9

Thank you so much. I will get that fixed and hopefully that clears it up. I appreciate your help! 👏🏽

Message 3 of 9
Square Champion

@DyeDreamCreativ You're welcome, When you make any changes to your DNS settings it can take 24-48 hrs., but with my domain hosting service they refresh every 15 minutes and mine is usually updated within that time frame.

Message 4 of 9

Well, I disconnected my domain and reset all the settings manually so it might be that I have to wait and see if that resolved the issue. My next step will be to call godaddy and see if they can help me out. I’m not sure what else to try. 😬

Message 5 of 9
Square Champion

@DyeDreamCreativ I had a similar issue a few years back, it related to my SSL certificate not being updated/current. GoDaddy sorted it out straight away. Hopefully it's the same issue and they will sort this out for you as easily as they did for me

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 6 of 9
Square Champion

@DyeDreamCreativ Did you get it straightened out? I’ve checked your site and still get the error.

Message 7 of 9

I did not. I did start the process to transfer my domain from GoDaddy to Square to hopefully solve the issue. It’s been kind of frustrating to be honest. 😬

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hi @DyeDreamCreativ!

Sorry to see this has been more complicated than expected.

I appreciate that most domain transfers will take approximately 7-10 days to complete, but I just wanted to check in to see how you were getting on?

Have you checked on the status of your domain transfer since starting the process? You can check this from your Square Online Overview page > Website > Domains.

I also wanted to share this article with you, in case you hadn’t seen it already. It covers off some of the steps that need to be completed, in order for the domain transfer to progress smoothly.

If you still need help after taking a look, just let me know. 

Message 9 of 9