x

Check Out Mode / Add to Cart not working right.

Hey guys,

I have an event I am trying to set up a link for.  I have the item options set up and working where people can choose a T-Shist size, bottle of wine, and lunch option.  From there I want them to be able to Add to their Cart and continue shopping to choose another shirt size, wine, and lunch option so they can purchase everything all at once.  As of now, it is forcing them to make a selection for 1 "ticket", and then purchase.  There is no "return to shopping" option.  HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I wanted to add I don't even see "Add To Cart". It only says "Attend" or "Checkout". 

This is how I have my Advanced Setting set, see below.

Advanced settings

Checkout mode
Add to cart
Default fulfillment method
Pickup
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hey there NeighborsPlace,

I don't think we have enough details about your concern so I'm just taking a guess here.  You mentioned you setup a link so I'm assuming you're not sending people to your online website.  If you created the link from an item you setup, it normally functions like a Buy Now Button - meaning there is "no" Shopping Cart.   Buy Now Links are intended for a specific purchase, customer selects the item and/or options and goes directly to Checkout to complete the transaction.  If you need the Shopping Cart function, then you need to setup your Square online website, once done, you can provide the URL Link of your website to your customers instead of just an item link.  Hope that makes sense.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @NeighborsPlace 😊👋

@JK_Fiber_Art is correct about the way payment links work. They are meant for single purchases for items or events. If you are wanting customers to be able to continue shopping after adding one thing to the cart, you will need to set these items up on a Square Online website. This way, customers can purchase different options and not have to keep going back to the payment link and re-checkout every time. 

Here is a Support Article with information as to how to get started with a Square Online website if you need any help. 

I hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 4