x

Can I add a purchase link with shipping options on my already existent site?

I already have a website that is privately hosting (ie it's not Wix or one of the other popular platforms). I want to integrate an easy purchase system (currently people have to request an item via email then I send them a personalized invoice) to help maximize sales. I need a system that will allow me to have multiple shipping options (based on item size and buyer location) that I can just link to the item on my site so folks can click and buy. Does that work with Square Online or does Square Online require either a site with them or site integration? I can't use my regular Square account as I can only add one flat shipping option to links so it just won't meet my needs. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

YES - you can easily create item links or better yet, take advantage of Square's Free Website that has a Shopping Cart.  Item links work well but, they are simply a Buy Now function - it's a fast easy way to sell 1 item but, there's no Shopping Cart function.  If you want to sell more than 1 item at a time, then having a Shopping Cart is the way to go.  Basically, you create a FREE Square website and then link it to your existing site - we did this.  All we did was create a link on our site - called it "Shop", the customer clicks the link and is taken to our Square site - it's basically seamless - there the customer can view the items we have and add them to Cart, then proceed to Checkout.  You do have some behind the scenes work to do - first ensure that your Square Account is setup with all the required info (bank account linked, SS # or EIN, business info, etc).   Then add your items, photos, descriptions etc.  After that you can use the Editor to create your site - start out simple with your layout and 2 or 3 items as there's a learning curve but, it's not difficult.  Once you're happy with the site, link it to your existing site.  From there, you can tweak your Square site, add more items etc.  Also, Square has features for setting up Shipping, Taxes and even item inventory. 

Message 2 of 2