x

increase Square Online website logo size

My Square Online website shows the correct logo, at maximum size, and despite resizing the image and uploading one twice as large (PNG), it still appears to be tiny on the mobile view.

Can I increase the size of my logo on Square Online?

Does it have to be a horizontal logo?

Does it have to be a circular social logo?

Does it have to be a particular format, e.g. PNG, JPEG?

Thanks,

Truly

@Square @Square1 @square2 @squareb 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @truly_fm,

I noticed it's your first time posting here in the Seller Community - Welcome! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Just a quick note: tagging "@Square" won't notify all Community Moderators. These are actually Square Sellers who have named their profiles "Square," so you're tagging them instead. The Seller Community is moderated by a global team, including myself, and we'll see new cases in our queue. There's no need to tag us when posting. ๐Ÿ™‚

I've had a quick peek at your site, and I can confirm the circular logo is appearing as expected on both desktop and mobile versions. Mobile view will change the appearance of your site to fit the width of a standard mobile screen size. You'll notice your navigation menu moves to a dropdown menu in the top-left, and the location of your "Order Now" button moves to allow space for the "Search" and "Cart" icons. 

Desktop View:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 12.24.35โ€ฏPM.png

Mobile View:
Screenshot_20240704-122438.png

While this is working as expected, there are a few settings you can experiment with to achieve your desired outcome:

1) To edit the logo/image size, go to Edit Site > select the Header section > scroll down to Content > Logo. You'll find a sliding scale to adjust the size. If you've already maxed out the size, and it's still not sufficient, consider uploading your logo as an image for greater versatility.

2) You can adjust your image to the preferred orientation before uploading it to your Square Online site. However, you must still work within the current layout options available for the Square Online "Header" section.

3) Logos don't have to be circular! You can edit your logo to your preferred shape before uploading it. 

4) Logos need to be in PNG or JPG format. If you choose to upload an image in the "Header" section instead, you can also use GIF format. Images uploaded via the Header section must be a maximum size of 10MB and a minimum width of 600px.

Another option is to try the workaround provided in our online guide, which discusses uploading your logo to a "Section" of your site instead of the "Header", allowing for more space.

It can sometimes take a bit of finessing to get things just right, so try the above suggestions. If you're still running into issues, let us know here, or reach out to our Support Team for further advice.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email. See the below steps.

1. Sign in to your Square account.

2. Head to our contact page https://squ.re/3AWfZs2.

3. Go to "Other", then "I don't see my issue".

4. Click "Message us", "Email us" or "Call Us".

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type โ€œsupportโ€ to bring up a list of contact methods.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @truly_fm,

I noticed it's your first time posting here in the Seller Community - Welcome! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Just a quick note: tagging "@Square" won't notify all Community Moderators. These are actually Square Sellers who have named their profiles "Square," so you're tagging them instead. The Seller Community is moderated by a global team, including myself, and we'll see new cases in our queue. There's no need to tag us when posting. ๐Ÿ™‚

I've had a quick peek at your site, and I can confirm the circular logo is appearing as expected on both desktop and mobile versions. Mobile view will change the appearance of your site to fit the width of a standard mobile screen size. You'll notice your navigation menu moves to a dropdown menu in the top-left, and the location of your "Order Now" button moves to allow space for the "Search" and "Cart" icons. 

Desktop View:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 12.24.35โ€ฏPM.png

Mobile View:
Screenshot_20240704-122438.png

While this is working as expected, there are a few settings you can experiment with to achieve your desired outcome:

1) To edit the logo/image size, go to Edit Site > select the Header section > scroll down to Content > Logo. You'll find a sliding scale to adjust the size. If you've already maxed out the size, and it's still not sufficient, consider uploading your logo as an image for greater versatility.

2) You can adjust your image to the preferred orientation before uploading it to your Square Online site. However, you must still work within the current layout options available for the Square Online "Header" section.

3) Logos don't have to be circular! You can edit your logo to your preferred shape before uploading it. 

4) Logos need to be in PNG or JPG format. If you choose to upload an image in the "Header" section instead, you can also use GIF format. Images uploaded via the Header section must be a maximum size of 10MB and a minimum width of 600px.

Another option is to try the workaround provided in our online guide, which discusses uploading your logo to a "Section" of your site instead of the "Header", allowing for more space.

It can sometimes take a bit of finessing to get things just right, so try the above suggestions. If you're still running into issues, let us know here, or reach out to our Support Team for further advice.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email. See the below steps.

1. Sign in to your Square account.

2. Head to our contact page https://squ.re/3AWfZs2.

3. Go to "Other", then "I don't see my issue".

4. Click "Message us", "Email us" or "Call Us".

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type โ€œsupportโ€ to bring up a list of contact methods.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Laurie,

Thank you.

1. The sliding scale is already maxed out. My logo is already an image, not sure what you mean by upload it as an image for versatility?

4. Yes, the image is uploaded into the Header & Site Design sections, what is the maximum size for Site Design section and/or where else would you upload a logo?

If I don't upload a logo onto the header/site design sections, but put one on the banner section for example, could I centre the design?

Thanks again,

Truly

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @truly_fm

Iโ€™m just following up on this for Laurie, apologies for the delay!

Thanks for confirming that your logo is already set as an image, there are a few options available in terms of format in the header and โ€˜imageโ€™ is the selection that allows the greatest visibility. I believe the mention of โ€˜greater versatilityโ€™ in the original response may have been a typo, but Iโ€™ll check with Laurie and let you know here if not. 

As youโ€™ll see from the linked article above, the header and footer sections have a limited amount of space, so some images wonโ€™t fit well or look great in these areas. Particularly if the images are quite detailed. So many Sellers opt to add their logo to a section.

If you decide to go down this route, you most certainly can centre the design.

You can also choose to have text included, or have the section only display the image.

Youโ€™ll find more tips and guidance specific to Sections, here.

I hope this helps! But if you need anything else, just let me know. 

Message 4 of 4