x

Square Online Preorders with shipping

How come pre order items cannot be set for shipping, and pickup only?

We have items that we get advanced notice of (a couple of weeks) and we are allowed to take pre orders. However we want to handle the shipping at the same time so people don't get shocked when they have to pay $x for the shipping with some of our larger items.

Why would pre orders not work for items that are only set as shipping for fullfilment? It doesn't make any sense.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @TheGamingArena,

Thanks for reaching out with this question! 

Currently, I'm aware that the ability to enable Square Online items for preorder with the Shipping fulfillment method is a feature request. While I can't provide a specific timeline at the moment, I can confirm that special priority will be given to the development of the Square Online platform in 2024. Any updates or new launches will be announced through the Seller Community.

In the meantime, for sellers who need this option immediately, we suggest creating an item named 'PREORDER' and including the expected arrival and shipping details in the item description. This workaround allows you to use Shipping as the fulfillment method for these items.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @TheGamingArena,

Thanks for reaching out with this question! 

Currently, I'm aware that the ability to enable Square Online items for preorder with the Shipping fulfillment method is a feature request. While I can't provide a specific timeline at the moment, I can confirm that special priority will be given to the development of the Square Online platform in 2024. Any updates or new launches will be announced through the Seller Community.

In the meantime, for sellers who need this option immediately, we suggest creating an item named 'PREORDER' and including the expected arrival and shipping details in the item description. This workaround allows you to use Shipping as the fulfillment method for these items.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I was thinking the, same. But I was thinking of setting the delivery up and using that feature to mail it out and collect shipping fees. I hope this is worked out soon cause it a great feature. 

Message 3 of 5

Has it been announced if/when preorders will be allowed for shipping orders?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hi @grumpsunshine!

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community!

I’ve had a look at the conversations around this, and unfortunately I don’t see any planned changes to the feature. 

I do see another thread where a potential workaround has been discussed, so I’ve gone ahead and merged this post, with a view to keeping the conversations together.

I’ll of course circle back with an update if I hear of any upcoming changes to pre-orders. 

Message 5 of 5