x

Listing ifems with variations into Square Online

In the i ventory I have items. Each item has several variations ie size and colour. Each variation has its own barcode and price. When listing items into Square Online is each variation listed separately or can they be listed under the item name and the customer selects the variation, which I would prefer so there are are not so many individual listings. I need the quantities in my store to reflect total stock on hand At the moment I have another online platform. If something sells in instore I have to manually remove it from the website. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Kidsandbubs,

Welcome to the Seller Community! ๐Ÿค—

Great questions! When listing items with variations in Square Online, variations will be grouped under a single item name, allowing customers to select the variation they want (e.g., size, colour) rather than listing each variation as a separate item. 

You can list your item (e.g., a T-shirt) and then add variations within that listing (e.g., Small/Red, Medium/Blue). Each variation can have its own barcode, price, and stock level. When customers view the item on your Square Online store, theyโ€™ll see a single listing for the T-shirt and can select their desired size and colour from dropdown menus. An example of this can be seen below.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 11.49.25โ€ฏAM.png

You can organise your variations further by creating custom options for your item variations. In the below example, I have created options titled "Colour" and "Size", to create a more streamlined experience for my online customers.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 11.28.59โ€ฏAM.png

I hope this helps to answer your question!

You can also find the steps for creating and managing all of your item details, including stock tracking, in this Support Article๐Ÿ™‚

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Kidsandbubs,

Welcome to the Seller Community! ๐Ÿค—

Great questions! When listing items with variations in Square Online, variations will be grouped under a single item name, allowing customers to select the variation they want (e.g., size, colour) rather than listing each variation as a separate item. 

You can list your item (e.g., a T-shirt) and then add variations within that listing (e.g., Small/Red, Medium/Blue). Each variation can have its own barcode, price, and stock level. When customers view the item on your Square Online store, theyโ€™ll see a single listing for the T-shirt and can select their desired size and colour from dropdown menus. An example of this can be seen below.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 11.49.25โ€ฏAM.png

You can organise your variations further by creating custom options for your item variations. In the below example, I have created options titled "Colour" and "Size", to create a more streamlined experience for my online customers.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 11.28.59โ€ฏAM.png

I hope this helps to answer your question!

You can also find the steps for creating and managing all of your item details, including stock tracking, in this Support Article๐Ÿ™‚

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2