x

Meta Pixel Microdata Mapping Error

It seems that my FB catalog data source coming from our .square.site has now a corrupted data flow in, and will no longer automatically synchronize:

(This is information from the FB metadata debug tool 

https://business.facebook.com/ads/microdata/debug?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmiiostore.square.site

)

"Errors
Products on your website can't be automatically added to your catalog because of these issues."

It is new items that have been generated but will not sync / hence cannot get tagged as a product in FB/Insta.

Products fail to import into the FB catalog.

I realize this is a 'Facebook Issue' perhaps since everything is always in motion, but besides fingerpointing, I can manually map on import if I knew what to pair with:

Required Fields missing:

id

price

image_link

availability

description

this may all be just a coding issue behind the scenes, but I'd like a quick resolve, thanks!

(I realize this has happened before multiple times and initial suggestion is to disconnect/reconnect)

fb pixel microdata Screenshot 2024-06-21 143913.jpg

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Hi Laurie, I thought as much, I did try disconnect/reconnect but only get error:

app not active Screenshot 2024-06-27 114536.jpg

tried different methods, all resulting in no outcome, as you say, ***work in progress**

Thanks for the update!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi again @AVsupport,

I wanted to update you that over the weekend we received news that Meta has reinstated our applications. All services relying on Meta, including Instagram and Facebook integrations, are now functioning as expected.

I hope this means the issue you encountered is also resolved. Please try reconnecting this week (if you haven't already), and let me know if you encounter the same error message.

Thank you for your patience! 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @AVsupport, I hope you're doing well! 

Usually, I'd point you to this online guide where you'll find troubleshooting listings towards the bottom of the page via the Meta for Business Help Centre, as well as the steps to disconnect/reconnect to try and resolve the issue.

However, it's highly likely that this problem is connected to the ongoing Meta integration issues, and at this time, we don't have any workarounds available. We're currently waiting for Meta to provide Square with the next steps to address the recently implemented API permission restrictions.

Our team expects an update from Meta later this week, and we'll be sure to update this thread accordingly.

Laurie
Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

Hi Laurie, I thought as much, I did try disconnect/reconnect but only get error:

app not active Screenshot 2024-06-27 114536.jpg

tried different methods, all resulting in no outcome, as you say, ***work in progress**

Thanks for the update!

Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

Hi again @AVsupport,

I wanted to update you that over the weekend we received news that Meta has reinstated our applications. All services relying on Meta, including Instagram and Facebook integrations, are now functioning as expected.

I hope this means the issue you encountered is also resolved. Please try reconnecting this week (if you haven't already), and let me know if you encounter the same error message.

Thank you for your patience! 

Laurie
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Laurie_ this is great news, and Yes indeed the catalogue reconnection went smooth and pain free. I can see items being synced and in the Meta catalogue.

Thanks for the quick resolve!

Message 5 of 5