x

How do you remove 'Default Shipping' from Payment Link?

It seems there is a bug in the system that will by add the Default Shipping Amount during the checkout process even though item is set to be Pickup only.

To replicate:

I have a set of 'Test Lemons' which I have created, in 2 variants, RRP $1 ea. 

Items are set 'Not Visible' in online store, as intended, and do not have inventory tracking.

1.) Have set 'online fulfilment method' to 'shipping' and even though item weight is 200gms by definition which should be my first shipping rate 0-0.5kg Auspost $10.26, it defaults to $50 which is my default shipping for class not defined.

https://checkout.square.site/merchant/EXKM1ZCHZ5EA4/checkout/HM3OLO6OVJFPJRFMO56TKBBS 

2.) Have duplicated the item, and set this item for fulfilment = pickup only.

Have created another Payment Link and the problem remains the same.

https://square.link/u/jAF8j95t (note the different link type which is https://checkout.square.site/merchant/EXKM1ZCHZ5EA4/checkout/R4FNOJNUS3JDWEF3SOYQT4SI )

There should be no default shipping added at all but it is.

Have tried several different 'refresh' methods, but it appears this functionality is broken.

---

PS: This is in response to a thread that deals with online embeds, and I am currently re-testing functionality @Laurie_  https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Feature-Request-Ability-to-embed-Square-Online-site...

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming @AVsupport. Based on what you've described, it sounds like what you're experiencing here is expected due to the current functionality of Payment Links.

Here's what you need to know:

• The default fulfillment settings from your Square Online items do not carry over to Payment Links. For items sold via Payment Link, you will need to adjust the fulfillment settings under Payments > Payment Links > Settings > General > Fulfillment.
  • Shipping Profiles based (including based on weight) will not apply to items sold via Payment Link. A flat shipping rate is the only option available for items sold via Payment Links, which explains why your item is still defaulting to the flat rate specified in your Payment Links settings.

In this case, you may want to adjust your Payment Link fulfillment settings to achieve the result you’re after. This could include disabling the Shipping fulfillment option or setting the shipping rate to $0.

For further guidance, please feel free to check out the following Support Center Article: Set Up Fulfillment Options with Square Payment Links.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for flagging this with us @AVsupport!

Can you please navigate to the following area of your Square Dashboard and confirm the following:

• Head to Payments > Payment Links > Settings > General > Fulfilment
  • Enable Delivery - Is Delivery currently toggled on?
  • Shipping Amount - Is there an amount of $50.00 listed here?

I’ll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Message 2 of 11

Yes this ^^ is correct.

I'm seeing Delivery Enabled, and $50 shipping fee.

I'm also seeing an alert with Square services being affected, including Payment Links.

Looks like the 2 platform databases don't talk properly one to another, since shipping costs should be calculated based on settings, which IMO leads to the error since the link gets created in squareup.com and not in square.online where the fulfilment options are set

Message 3 of 11

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming @AVsupport. Based on what you've described, it sounds like what you're experiencing here is expected due to the current functionality of Payment Links.

Here's what you need to know:

• The default fulfillment settings from your Square Online items do not carry over to Payment Links. For items sold via Payment Link, you will need to adjust the fulfillment settings under Payments > Payment Links > Settings > General > Fulfillment.
  • Shipping Profiles based (including based on weight) will not apply to items sold via Payment Link. A flat shipping rate is the only option available for items sold via Payment Links, which explains why your item is still defaulting to the flat rate specified in your Payment Links settings.

In this case, you may want to adjust your Payment Link fulfillment settings to achieve the result you’re after. This could include disabling the Shipping fulfillment option or setting the shipping rate to $0.

For further guidance, please feel free to check out the following Support Center Article: Set Up Fulfillment Options with Square Payment Links.

Message 4 of 11

Hi @Katie_SQ this explains the situation. I now understand the Square Dashboard Payment Links are somewhat limited in functionality because they are not driven by the online site.

When I de-select 'Enable Delivery' in Payment Links > Settings > General the system responds with a red '! Please select at least one fulfilment method' Error message, but no other options are being presented.

I guess this is perhaps another unsupported underdeveloped feature?

Question now being, if I make $0 my default shipping option how do I get the system to automatically calculate the right shipping $ which are setup in Square Online? This cannot be done.

For now I think the best option is to copy the 'Item Link Code' from Square Online > Items > Edit Items, however this resulting page offers the whole online shopping site which was not intended.

Message 5 of 11

Hi @AVsupport,

Just jumping in for Katie here!

That's correct, currently, you can only assign one Shipping Rate to your Payment Links via shared settings. The Fulfillment settings for Payment Links and Square Online operate independently of each other.

I'd be happy to check if there are any other workarounds we've able to provide in the meantime. For my understanding, are you just looking for a quick method of online payment for individual items, or is the aim to conceal certain items from public view by providing these links?

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11

Yes @Laurie_ the intention was to have a simple checkout link for a single item without 'opening up' the whole online shop. This was intended for integration into 360 virtual tour/shop, however we since know that Shopping Cart will not populate since iframe integration into other platforms is not supported by Square unfortunately, which breaks the whole idea. Yet awaiting some responses in the developer forum but it appears I'm the only one wanting this.. 😥   

/edit:

I have made you a quick sample of what this would look like.. Click on the test lemon 😉 

https://avsupport.com.au/virtualtours/MiiOstore/index.htm

Message 7 of 11

I'm sorry to hear these limitations are halting your initial plans, @AVsupport😞

What I can do is try and connect you with someone who can help you with your question on the developer forum. Are you able to send me through a link to your question in your reply?

Leave it with me, and I'll see who I can reach out to that may be able to help get the ball rolling on this for you.

Laurie
Message 8 of 11

Here's the link to an old thread 'over there' I recently added to:

https://developer.squareup.com/forums/t/embedded-square-online-ordering-not-saving-cart-info/9441/3

Supplied answer is short and to the point..: not supported

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for sharing the link, @AVsupport.

I was prepared to follow up with someone on your behalf if you hadn't received a response, but unfortunately, if that feature still isn't supported, there's limited action I can take. My suggestion is for you to reach out to Bryan in that thread again to inquire about the possibility of embedding Square Online sites onto third-party platforms in the future.

I anticipate that the situation on that forum would be similar to here, and they should be able to provide you with a general idea of whether such a request has potential or not.

Laurie
Message 10 of 11

Thanks Laurie, appreciate the effort!

Message 11 of 11