x
Beta Member

How to share the online shop on other social media

Hello, I'm new and not sure how to share my shop in other places. If anyone could let me know that would be awesome

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

We see this question quite a lot - just having a web site is just your first step.  It takes time and patience to get your site and/or business noticed.  Many things in the social media world can be done for almost no cost except for your time.  One first has to determine what makes my business different and better than my competition.  Make sure your site has an easy to navigate setup, ensure your descriptions are accurate, ensure your photos are the best you can create, tell the world a little about yourself and your items or services.  Also be sure to have contact info - not just an email form - people need to know you are real.   As for social media - start with Facebook, Instagram and X.  Think about cross selling - Etsy, Ebay, etc., for physical products.  If you're an expert in your field - videos are great as well as blogs.  Youtube and Vimeo are great platforms for How to's.   There's also Google Maps, Bing Maps, Google for Business and Yelp - these are great tools depending on what type of business you have.  There's also local events to look into, Shows, Markets, etc. - again depending on what type of business you have.  And  if you can get some friends involved - word of mouth can be some of the best advertising you can get.

Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

Some great suggestions by @JK_Fiber_Art here..

Another good idea is to have your online shop listed as "stockist" on brands you carry. Many brands do this and it is helpful to not only drive traffic to your site but to create reciprocal links which is good for google indexing/seo.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 3 of 3