x
Beta Member

New Square Loan in 2024

I’m at a bit of a loss for what else I need to do to be offered a new Square Loan at this point. I’ve been with Square for over 10 years, had 7 loans now that I’ve have paid back early every single time. Metrics are all in green, record sales year. In 2023, record numbers across the board, no refunds, no complaints or issues of any kind in our entire history. Current loan is 80% paid off, but no new offer in site. This is the kind of stuff that causes businesses to find someone else to process through! Please help! I’m sure I’ll get the same old excuses that you guys send to everyone about looking at every aspect of the business. But there isn’t a single aspect that isn’t way up. I’m not sure if there is a new process they are using now, or if there is some kind of issue with my banking or something else I’m not thinking about or aware of. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, because I could really use some new capital to start the year off with and reinvest into my business!

Message 1 of 2,001
5 Best Answers
Square Champion

Best Answer

I'm really sorry to hear about your frustration with the loan offers. I understand how important it is to feel valued, especially as a loyal customer. Let me try to address your concerns and provide some clarity.

Loan Offers and Qualification Parameters

Square’s loan offers are based on a variety of factors, and while past trends have shown offers at certain thresholds, the exact parameters can change over time and are not always disclosed in detail. Here are a few points to consider:

• Dynamic Criteria: Square uses a complex set of algorithms that take into account not just the repayment percentage but also your recent sales history, account health, and overall business performance.
  • Market Conditions: External market conditions and internal policy changes can also impact when and how loan offers are extended.

Value Beyond Transaction Fees

I understand that a 3% card transaction fee can seem high compared to other providers, but Square offers several features and benefits that help justify this cost:

• Integrated Ecosystem: Square provides a comprehensive suite of tools that work seamlessly together, from point-of-sale systems to online stores, invoicing, and inventory management.
  • Ease of Use: The user-friendly interface and intuitive design make managing your business simpler and more efficient, saving you time and reducing the need for extensive training.
  • Reliable Support: Square offers robust customer support and resources to help you resolve issues quickly and keep your business running smoothly.
  • Secure Transactions: Advanced security measures protect your business and customers from fraud and data breaches.
  • Analytics and Reporting: Detailed analytics and reporting tools help you understand your business performance and make informed decisions.

I understand the disappointment regarding the loan offer, please know that Square regularly reviews its criteria and your status. I recommend reaching out to Square’s customer support for a more personalized review of your account and to express your concerns directly.

View Best Answer >

Message 468 of 2,001
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns. We understand your frustration, especially given your long-standing relationship with Square and your excellent track record with previous loans.

There are several factors that can affect loan offers, and while it sounds like you have met all the typical criteria, there may be new processes or other considerations at play. I would reach out to our Square Financial Services Team if you have any further questions. They are available at 1-855-700-6000 Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM CST. 

View Best Answer >

Message 875 of 2,001
Square Champion

Best Answer

August 1st Square shareholder letter came out with another outstanding quarter for Square Loans.  More loans than ever were started in the last 3 months, an outstanding show of commitment to the service.
"Square Loans facilitated approximately 142,000 loans totaling $1.45 billion in originations, up 32% year over year."

That breaks down to almost 1,600 loans a day (66 an hour, or more than 1 per 
minute). averaging $10,200+ per loan.

So yes, there are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Square Loans happening all the time.  It is unbelievable that they can get this number of loans even facilitated, that is a staggering number of loans to Square customers.  It wouldn't be possible without the Square Loans Algorithm going thru and promoting offers to be given.  For every one post on here saying they haven't gotten a loan or 5th offer, 10s of thousands have gotten loans.  The service keeps growing though it may not seem like it to a user that is waiting for their 3rd loan.

@Twpchair 

View Best Answer >

Message 1492 of 2,001
Square Champion

Best Answer

Good news, bad news, eh @cmeshine.  There are a number of reasons that COULD be part of why your new offer was lower.

1. Square might be slowing down on how much loan exposure they want to have on their balance sheet.  They are, after all, a publicly traded company that has to answer to their shareholders and investors.
  2. If our sales are flat or at least not growing at a good rate to cover inflation and higher interest, then Square’s algorithm understands that inflation is eating into our available cash to pay bills, etc.  Flat sales (or very slowly growing sales) are always red flags to lenders, Square or not.
  3. Sometimes how long it takes us to pay off our current loans can be a factor.  Let’s say that previous loans were paid off with automatic payments in 8-10 months in the past.  But for this current loan it took us 12-15 months.  That tells Square that our card processing volume can’t keep you with higher loan amounts.  Yes, they give us 18 months to fully pay a loan, but they obviously prefer that we pay them off closer to the 12 month mark.
  4. If our cash/card ratio drastically changes, and cash spikes or is consistently higher than historical for our business, that is another red flag.  Since Square must only consider card volume when calculating repayment rates this can become a problem.

Of course, I’m not saying that any of these contributed to your lower offer.  I’m just throwing out a few reasons why this CAN happen.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 1498 of 2,001
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Twpchair wrote:

Years ago, I went to my credit union and called about a line of credit. Do I need anything, etc, Nope, they had all my paperwork and licenses, and they can look right at my account. I only bank with them.  No kidding in about an hour boom done received a line of credit. Now, I do use that for emergency type situations. But I have it. I just myself like small credit unions vs. bigger banks, just my preference, but they seem to lend faster and more often to small businesses. They did offer a business credit card, and I turned that down over the LOC. I'm old school and I do like Square. I've never been with anyone else, though, to compare. But I swipe that card and 5:05 pm it's in my bank. Loans love them, too. I don't take every offer more so the winter times, or if a deal comes along that I just can't pass up on and an offer came in, I would take it. I'm also one that likes the higher percentage paid back. If I want that loan, I want the most of it and not roll over 30 or 40% of an old loan eating into my new offer. But that's just me. Everyone and their situation is different. I see people with broken equipment or business repairs that need to be done ASAP. That's much different, and I feel for them, and each day I watch hoping they get that offer!

I agree everyone's circumstances are different and things come up randomly.  The biggest thing is like you said, if possible, to pay that thing down to 10% or less is ideal for sure if you can.  Just makes the most sense to me as well.  A 15k loan doesn't mean anything if you are losing 4-5k of that to pay off the previous one. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 1832 of 2,001
2,000 REPLIES 2,000

congrats, I am at 90% and still waiting

Message 43 of 2,001
Square Champion

Did you receive an offer yet? Fingers crossed for you!

Message 44 of 2,001

I did in April 24th It’s 80% paid back now and extremely lower than my last one… What’s the algorithm looking like? 

Message 45 of 2,001

Just reached 90% as well, even if it's lower than our prior loan, a renewal would really help right now.

Message 46 of 2,001

Same. I just hit 92% and nothing so far... I gave up on it a while ago. 

Message 47 of 2,001

Sitting at 82% and waiting as well. I wish everyone the best

Message 48 of 2,001

Congratulations!!! I'm at 84% and still waiting 😢

Message 49 of 2,001

Hi! I’ve been with square since 2018, and have gotten loan offers almost every 6 months (mainly bc that’s around the time that I’m usually at least 50% paid per the previous loan).  I was wondering if anyone has received a square loan offer in 2024 and what the algorithm is looking like. Any help input is appreciated. Happy 2024!

Message 50 of 2,001

Hello, @moxiemavenandco. It's great to hear about your experience with Square since 2018. As for Square Capital offers in 2024, we are limited in account details on this platform. We recommend checking your Square Dashboard or contacting our Square Loans Team for more details. Wishing you a successful and prosperous 2024!

If you have more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 51 of 2,001

Any one gotten anything or had any news this week??

Message 52 of 2,001
Seller Community Mentor

Twice I have been offered a loan over 100k and both times I have been declined once I have accepted. My business is processing over 1M in CC with square yet they put the offer out then rip it out from under your feet. I was not expecting to be declined once they put an offer out for 186K. I wasn't going to take the full amount. I am tired of hanging around and being loyal to be able to use Square Capital. Isn't it supposed to be for working capital? I have a medical spa with multiple devices that are the prices of condos and homes. Everyone else is loaning me money. I don't really need square capital since there are so many offers to give me money. I believe it is time to learn how to use a new system that fits my business needs a little better. I am awaiting a call/email to tell me why they won't lend me the money they just offered to me. "You have been pre-approved!"  OOPS! So sorry to rip your heart out. Please go elsewhere for capital for your business.   I think I will go elsewhere for marketing, appointments, and the big one, the square processing!  My business deals with BIG numbers!  If you don't like the big numbers and they scare you I will go elsewhere! I am so angry right now because I started planning for this square capital loan. My last offer was Aug 2023 and the same thing happened. I was sure that this one was good because who pre-approves and then says no to a business in good standing processing over 80K a month? WTF!

Message 53 of 2,001
Square Champion

I did about 3 weeks ago! I had 3 busy days and Saturday night a offer came in and I accepted it and Monday was in my account. Slightly higher than the last one in June. I was 81-84% paid off on my last offer and the one in June was 91% paid off. I don't have my bank account connected either. I can't I had ID theft last year and have passwords and pin numbers to get into my account and the system they use to connect to your account can't access it. If any of this helps! I'm seeing anywhere from mid 70% paid off to completely paid off before new offers. Good luck!

Message 54 of 2,001
Beta Member

Can someone from Square Capital or Square Loans please manually review my account. I have been with Square for close to 10 years and I’ve had 9 loans with Square. I am 80% paid off on my current loan and should have had a new loan offer by now. ALL of my metrics and eligibility factors are in the green. My sales and customer number are all above normal. 2023 was a record sales year. There is absolutely no reason why I haven’t been offered a new loan yet from Square. Please just look into my account and view the numbers for yourselves and then offer me a new loan. I need it for business capital purposes and it would greatly help right now! Thank you!

Message 55 of 2,001

Hello, @SPPhotography1

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand your concern, and we appreciate your patience. We have combined your question with another seller who inquired about a similar matter. I encourage you to review the response we provided. Please know that if we had more details to offer, we certainly would. Your understanding means a lot to us.

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, feel free to let us know.

Have a great day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 56 of 2,001

Any luck? I've been with square over 10 years and and I'm currently over 80%.

Message 57 of 2,001
Beta Member

Nothing here at 80% also.

Message 58 of 2,001
Beta Member

We've been with square a couple years now and recieved multiple loans.  The second loan came when 80% was paid of in seven months.  The 3rd came when 60% paid off in two months.  Now at 78% paid off in six months.  Our sales drop during the winter season due to weather. So when I look at the eligible  it says needs work on the top two slots if it's under past month all green if under past year.  Curious if its on an fiscal year where you have to process ten thousand before it triggers.  Then that goes into another factor.   Square loan doesn't look at all our sales.  Some people pay by check and that goes to our brick and mortar bank. 

Now would be a great time to see a renewal as we are gathering inventory for a new year. 

Message 59 of 2,001

Hi @Crosstimberkoi - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed Square Loans and eligibility. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. We also recommend reaching out to our Square Loans team, as every Square Loan is different. Furthermore, we are limited in account details regarding Square Loans. 

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Message 60 of 2,001
Beta Member

This doesn't answer my question on has anyone recieved a loan when it states needs work for the month but good for year.  It also doesn't answer question...does it reset fiscal year with the $10,000 in sales to even be looked at.  

Message 61 of 2,001

Hello @Crosstimberkoi, I appreciate you reaching out and understand your concern. For all loan inquiries I suggest contacting our Square Capital Team. You can reach them at 1-855-700-6000, squ.re/contactsqsupport. The team is available to speak on the phone Monday through Friday from 8am - 5pm PST.

Message 62 of 2,001

Any luck with your loan as of yet?

Message 63 of 2,001