x

Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm at 71% and usually see a offer by now (between 65%-70&).

Message 1 of 1,981
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm where you are at (minus the actual loan offer part.) Sale are up about 60% over a year ago and processing is up about 65%.  All the other things are in the green.

I think most people's frustrations are that it's just not transparent and there isn't a clear goal to strive for. It is also disheartening to just be told the same quotes over and over. It comes across as uncaring and impersonal. Which if that's the case is fine, that should be conveyed to clear up misconceptions and so people don't get their hopes up. It would also come across as more professional to state those things (economy and such) from Square itself. It would let people know where they stand and can make appropriate decisions. 

3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all 👋 @Blackbear579 @DD_2019 @Me2018_ @Swain - I just wanted to drop in to provide some context on Square Loan offers:

Square accounts—including accounts with an active loan—are reviewed for eligibility regularly. You don’t need to contact us or provide any additional information to become eligible for another loan offer. You can check your Square Dashboard (at any time for more information about your current eligibility status.

Offers are not guaranteed and we are unable to predict when your business may receive another offer. Loan offer details, as well as the timing of eligibility, may differ from your current Square loan. You can find additional details here in the Square Loan Eligibility FAQ support article.

If you have any additional questions about Square Loans, you'll need to get in touch with the Square Financial Services Team by logging into your Square account and heading here. The Financial Services Team's business hours are Monday - Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM CST.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @Fca

It's understandable that you're curious about the timeline for a new loan offer after being denied, especially given your previous experience. Every case and account is different, on this platform we do not have greater visibility regarding your account and loan qualifications. 

For Square Loan related questions and Loan availability or eligibility you will want to reach out to the Square Banking team. They are available at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. Our designated team will be more than happy to help you further. 

In addition, we went ahead and merged your post to this existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussion their Square Loans. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 1500 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @bsa77

We understand that not being guaranteed a loan offer can be frustrating. 

If your business isn’t eligible for another loan at this time, rest assured your account is automatically reviewed regularly to determine eligibility.

We recently added a eligibility page that you can navigate to by going to the Loans tab on your Square Dashboard to gain more insight into the status of your Square Loans eligibility. We analyze your business’s data for key factors that determine eligibility, such as processing volume, payment frequency, and account activity. Please note that there are many factors that may affect your eligibility, and accounts are evaluated as a whole.

If you’re eligible for another loan, we’ll notify you through email and in your Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kacey
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 1621 of 1,981
1,980 REPLIES 1,980

You will get it trust me. They just sent an approval email and I just completed the application a few minutes ago. I don’t have a lot of credit so please don’t worry. You’ll get it! 

Message 1114 of 1,981
Beta Member

What % were you at? 

Message 1115 of 1,981

I was at 87%

Message 1116 of 1,981

When do your offer typically come, What percentage?

Message 1117 of 1,981

My offers typically come at 76%- 85%. Also around every 6 months

Message 1118 of 1,981

Yeah mine usually come around 75%….I’m at 93%….Thanks for the insight. 

Message 1119 of 1,981

Thank you for all the support and being so nice. That helps a lot. 

Message 1120 of 1,981

You’re welcome! Let us know, when you get yours!

Message 1121 of 1,981

From I remembered they told last time about credit check. Can someone give insight? 

Message 1122 of 1,981

Hi @Jen14!

Thank you so much for your question!

When your business applies for a Square Loan, we will not access or review your personal credit report to evaluate the application. With your permission, Square Financial Services may access and review your personal credit report to help improve our evaluation of your business for any future loan offers. Please note that applying for a Square Loan doesn’t affect your credit score.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Sammie_C
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 1123 of 1,981
Beta Member

So they won’t but they will? That reply makes no sense. 

Message 1124 of 1,981

I do remember something about a credit check as well when accepting the offer, and I remember at the time my credit wasn't the best but the loan was still approved. I think the biggest thing they factor is your processing and sales. So don't worry too much. 

We are 89% paid now on our 90k loan, and I know an offer is coming very soon.  

Good luck 

Message 1125 of 1,981

Im at 100% days after being paid off and no offer yet. 

Message 1126 of 1,981

Oh no! I don't want to hear that. Sorry. 

Message 1127 of 1,981

I am at 90% and have all the criteria in good standing including sales being up.  It really is unfortunate they have to be so incredibly random about this.  It is difficult to plan ahead.  I know like most, I use mine to bulk inventory over the holidays and now it is going to be too late order wise for us to get the wholesale deals and pre-orders.  

Message 1128 of 1,981

Don’t feel bad it’s the same for me. 

Message 1129 of 1,981

We all absolutely feel bad.  We need answers and for them to not just tell us we are SOL, which is exactly what the customer service rep said on the phone to me.

Message 1130 of 1,981

so sorry! too much of this lately

Message 1131 of 1,981
Beta Member

I’ve been 100% paid off for 10’weeks. Never any issues. Still no issue I’m aware of. Still no offer. I’ve had a dozen or so. Do not depend on it to just be there, bc for us and several others it isn’t there. Make plans to not receive it, then if you do it’ll just be a bonus. 

Message 1132 of 1,981

Im seeing more and more of this so sorry

Message 1133 of 1,981

Just received my offer (slightly more than last time) at 75%. My update was earlier today while still at 74%, checked again an hour later (when I hit 75%) and my offer appeared. 

Message 1134 of 1,981