x

Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm at 71% and usually see a offer by now (between 65%-70&).

Message 1 of 1,981
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm where you are at (minus the actual loan offer part.) Sale are up about 60% over a year ago and processing is up about 65%.  All the other things are in the green.

I think most people's frustrations are that it's just not transparent and there isn't a clear goal to strive for. It is also disheartening to just be told the same quotes over and over. It comes across as uncaring and impersonal. Which if that's the case is fine, that should be conveyed to clear up misconceptions and so people don't get their hopes up. It would also come across as more professional to state those things (economy and such) from Square itself. It would let people know where they stand and can make appropriate decisions. 

3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all 👋 @Blackbear579 @DD_2019 @Me2018_ @Swain - I just wanted to drop in to provide some context on Square Loan offers:

Square accounts—including accounts with an active loan—are reviewed for eligibility regularly. You don’t need to contact us or provide any additional information to become eligible for another loan offer. You can check your Square Dashboard (at any time for more information about your current eligibility status.

Offers are not guaranteed and we are unable to predict when your business may receive another offer. Loan offer details, as well as the timing of eligibility, may differ from your current Square loan. You can find additional details here in the Square Loan Eligibility FAQ support article.

If you have any additional questions about Square Loans, you'll need to get in touch with the Square Financial Services Team by logging into your Square account and heading here. The Financial Services Team's business hours are Monday - Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM CST.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @Fca

It's understandable that you're curious about the timeline for a new loan offer after being denied, especially given your previous experience. Every case and account is different, on this platform we do not have greater visibility regarding your account and loan qualifications. 

For Square Loan related questions and Loan availability or eligibility you will want to reach out to the Square Banking team. They are available at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. Our designated team will be more than happy to help you further. 

In addition, we went ahead and merged your post to this existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussion their Square Loans. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 1500 of 1,981

Best Answer

Hello, @bsa77

We understand that not being guaranteed a loan offer can be frustrating. 

If your business isn’t eligible for another loan at this time, rest assured your account is automatically reviewed regularly to determine eligibility.

We recently added a eligibility page that you can navigate to by going to the Loans tab on your Square Dashboard to gain more insight into the status of your Square Loans eligibility. We analyze your business’s data for key factors that determine eligibility, such as processing volume, payment frequency, and account activity. Please note that there are many factors that may affect your eligibility, and accounts are evaluated as a whole.

If you’re eligible for another loan, we’ll notify you through email and in your Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kacey
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 1621 of 1,981
1,980 REPLIES 1,980

I was get 40K 

Message 1093 of 1,981

12k bar rest

Message 1094 of 1,981

Currently at 72%, monthly sales are $20K more than average - waiting as patiently as I can, which is hard in our busiest times. I haven't yet connected my bank account, has anyone received an offer without connecting theirs?

Message 1095 of 1,981

I don’t think connecting or not connecting is the thing. I’m at almost 89% with two connected accounts, and nada. 

Message 1096 of 1,981

I’m at 86% connected and no offers. Ive been with square since 2014 . I have a very small children’s store and don’t get large loans so I really don’t understand why it’s taking so long . Always in good standing with square 

Message 1097 of 1,981

I have never connected my bank and will not be doing that, I received my 16th offer from square last week and it was approved within a few minutes. I was at 76% and I am a barbershop. I have asked many peers barbers and stylist who use square and offers are still coming regularly and increasing offers. I appreciate the sharing in this community and I know several people keep up with this thread to try to figure out what’s going on so I’m hoping this information helps someone have hope. The loans are still being offered and you do not have to connect bank. Good luck! 

Message 1098 of 1,981

Thank you. That makes me feel better. It’s my busy time and I was hoping for a loan for inventory.

Message 1099 of 1,981
Beta Member

This was comforting to see. Thank you for posting!

Message 1100 of 1,981

can you share with us the size of your last offer? and how much do you average in sales per month?  

I know some people don't want to share this info but I think it will help many people reading this and put things into context.  Thanks !

Message 1101 of 1,981

Did anyone not have their loan update today?

Those that got a loan, did your normal daily update not happen?

Message 1102 of 1,981

Mine just now updated at 10:05 but at 87% and no loan offer. 

Message 1103 of 1,981
Beta Member

This is nerve-racking because as a business, you get into a rhythm, thinking that the loan will be offered at a specific time and your forecast future moves based on the fact that you know you are going to get a loan and then, the whole thing changes. I don't depend on it to run the business but it has been awesome for the growth of my business. I am on my 6th loan, 65% paid. Usually get an offer at 50 something %. Come on Square please lol!!!

Message 1104 of 1,981

I’m with you. Like you said I didn’t depend on it but I did figure it into my future plans for the business I’m at 87% and still nothing. I even tried to talk to them Friday and got the same response we all get. 

Message 1105 of 1,981

I am currently at 88% with all in green for eligibility and nothing yet. On my 4th loan. It is so nerve wracking as a small business we rely on these offers. I pray daily that it will come through. 

Message 1106 of 1,981

Anyone have any luck today with a loan? 

Message 1107 of 1,981

74% today and nothing on our end :c 

Message 1108 of 1,981

I received an offer today at 87% and a little more than half of what we were offered 6 months ago. This time it did say it was going to pull our credit which I don’t remember it saying that previously. 
I was starting to give up and **bleep** near cried when I got the offer today. Please y’all don’t give up if you haven’t received it, it’s coming.

Message 1109 of 1,981

What time did your offer come in ? And I thought they only pulled credit on $70,000 and above ? 

Message 1110 of 1,981

My offer came in at about 1pm cst. I didn’t get an email, it appeared underneath my balance tab. I thought it was for only 70k and above too! It said it needed to pull a credit and consumer. But wouldn’t affect my credit score I was a bit suprised because I didn’t expect that. 

Message 1111 of 1,981

Something else to worry about if I do get an offer.

Message 1112 of 1,981

Congrats! Good to hear! 

Message 1113 of 1,981