x

Multiple invoices being generated when creating one

Recently, when I enter & generate a single invoice, I often find that the software has created multiple copies of that invoice. Is anyone else experiencing this or found a fix? Right now, I am just canceling the duplicates but I would like to find a proper fix or way to report the problem. 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@dawn219 wrote:

Hey, thanks. I'm not sure how to/ if I can enter incognito mode in the android app but I can try in my browser later. I have had it happen with both, but most often from the app. And so far it is hit & miss, not every invoice. When I can sit down with it, I'll see if I can force it to happen. 

Ahh, my mistake, I never use the app, and assume no one else does either (fail)

So what you could do then, is try to clear the cache on the app itself.  Maybe something from a recent update got hung up and left over.

If on Android

Long press the app > app info> storage and cache > clear cache.

If that doesn't work you can repeat those same steps and clear storage instead(you will have to log back in most likely)

If on iOS

replace with an android like Pixel. 

(just kidding, but I have no idea how to do so on apple, sorry)

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

Hmm interesting @dawn219 

I create multiple invoices daily and haven't run into this problem at all on my end.  Have you tried to create one in incognito mode to see if the issue still happens?  Maybe its as simple as a cache issue, and trying so in an incognito browser would eliminate that possibility.

Let us know

Dan
Square Super Seller

Message 2 of 6

Hey, thanks. I'm not sure how to/ if I can enter incognito mode in the android app but I can try in my browser later. I have had it happen with both, but most often from the app. And so far it is hit & miss, not every invoice. When I can sit down with it, I'll see if I can force it to happen. 

Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

Best Answer

@dawn219 wrote:

Ahh, my mistake, I never use the app, and assume no one else does either (fail)

So what you could do then, is try to clear the cache on the app itself.  Maybe something from a recent update got hung up and left over.

If on Android

Long press the app > app info> storage and cache > clear cache.

If that doesn't work you can repeat those same steps and clear storage instead(you will have to log back in most likely)

If on iOS

replace with an android like Pixel. 

(just kidding, but I have no idea how to do so on apple, sorry)

Dan
Square Super Seller

Message 4 of 6

Done. If the problem persists, I'll come back to this & update for anyone who may experience this too.  If not, then your fix worked 🙂 Thank you

Message 5 of 6
Square Champion

Sounds great, and thank you for the update!

Dan
Square Super Seller

Message 6 of 6