x

Can I assign a default Per/Hour Unit to all Invoices?

I'm charging hourly for services, and when creating invoices, I need to customize each line item from per/item to per/hour, set the amount of hours worked, then add the hourly rate. 

Is there a way I can set Customize > Units to per/hour by default as well as set an automatic per hour price in every new invoice? This feels like something that should be included but may have missed during setup.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

HI @WeAreCelilo 

Yes this should not be a problem.  So if you are on a computer, and login to your square dashboard to get started. You will want to navigate to Invoices > Settings> Invoices.

Select the default invoice (or the invoice in question), and then choose edit in the bottom right corner. 

Next scroll down to the line item you want to add.  Assuming that you have already an item/service that is charging by hour, simply add that item into the field.  If not you can add a new one and be sure to select per hour.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 6.22.59 PM.png

Adjust your quantity as you see fit.

Now would also be a good time to go over any other things in the default template that you want to add , Google review link, thank you message etc etc.

Click Save in the top right corner. 

That should be it, and now your default template will have that implemented automatically when you create a new one using that template. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

Message 2 of 2