x

How do I invoice a customer who orderd multiple items that are being shipped to different locations.

I have a customer who placed an order via email that I need to invoice.  The order is for four items that are being shipped to four different locations.  How do I create the invoice or do I need a separate invoice for each?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@jjkettlekorn ;

What I would do is create an Item in your Square Catalog as Shipping.  I have done this for Phone orders, not an invoice, but should work.

Your Invoice should end up like:

example 1

Item 1         $$.$$

Shipping     $$.$$

Item 2          $$.$$

Shipping      $$.$$

Item 3          $$.$$

Shipping      $$.$$

Item 4          $$.$$

Shipping      $$.$$

OR

Example 2

Item 1       $$.$$

Item 2       $$.$$

Item 3       $$.$$

Item 4       $$.$$

Shipping   $$$.$$

In example 1 you show shipping for each Item shipped, in Example 2 it shows the Total cost of shipping for the 4 items.  Then in the notes or comments you can put what the shipping is.  meaning shipping costs shown to each Destination or total shipping for the 4 destinations.  

When setting up the Shipping Item in your catalog set it with No price.  That way when you add it to a sale or invoice Square will ask you for the price.

The problem with either of these is a Packing slip for each shipment, since my methods will show all 4 items on every packing slip.

That is the best I can think of.  Maybe someone else has better ideas.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

@jjkettlekorn ;

What I would do is create an Item in your Square Catalog as Shipping.  I have done this for Phone orders, not an invoice, but should work.

Your Invoice should end up like:

example 1

Item 1         $$.$$

Shipping     $$.$$

Item 2          $$.$$

Shipping      $$.$$

Item 3          $$.$$

Shipping      $$.$$

Item 4          $$.$$

Shipping      $$.$$

OR

Example 2

Item 1       $$.$$

Item 2       $$.$$

Item 3       $$.$$

Item 4       $$.$$

Shipping   $$$.$$

In example 1 you show shipping for each Item shipped, in Example 2 it shows the Total cost of shipping for the 4 items.  Then in the notes or comments you can put what the shipping is.  meaning shipping costs shown to each Destination or total shipping for the 4 destinations.  

When setting up the Shipping Item in your catalog set it with No price.  That way when you add it to a sale or invoice Square will ask you for the price.

The problem with either of these is a Packing slip for each shipment, since my methods will show all 4 items on every packing slip.

That is the best I can think of.  Maybe someone else has better ideas.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2