x

Bidstation and Square fees-duplicate invoice fees or what?

We are looking to purchase an annual license of Bidstation to integrate with our Square account for an auction fundraiser we conduct. I need help understanding the fees from Bidstation and Square for invoices. I don’t find explanation if there are duplicate fees for invoices. I understand if I purchase the $399 annual license from Bidstation there are no other credit card fees besides Square’s. But, I don’t see any reference about invoices. I will create the invoices within Bidstation and print them from there too. Does Square then also charge me for invoices through them? I don’t have Invoices Plus through Square, just to clarify. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Events22 ;

Does Bidstation have a way for you to accept Payment from the invoice?  If the answer is no, you might be able to create the invoice which is sent to the customer to pay with Bidstation, but no way for them to pa besides mailing you a check or calling you.  So if you wanted to accept a credit card payment from your Invoice Created in Bidstation you may have to either be able to attach a Payment link to your Square payments or just Use Square to send the Invoice with the Credit Card Payment link.  From what I have read from your question is, Bidstation is Software that you can use for $399 a year.  ALL Credit Card Payments are through Square.  You may need to go and ask BidStation if you can attach a Square Payment Link to their invoices.  

The problem with asking this question on a Square forum, is this is a user help forum for Square, not BidStation.  So the questions here are answered by Users of Square mostly.  This is why I recommend seeing if Bidstation has a similar forum and since they use Square maybe that forum could give you better insight on what happens when an invoice is created there.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, hopefully these Square Support pages will help. 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7497-bidstation-and-square

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5137-send-square-invoices-online

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 7.14.19 AM.png

Square Invoices Fees

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 7.17.57 AM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4

Hello, thank you for the articles. So, no where does it state that using invoices in Bidstation transfers the invoices over to Square. So, I assume the invoices are only created and used in Bidstation, and only the payments with Credit cards are transferred to Square for processing. Would you know, or anyone else that sees this, can you answer please?

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Events22 ;

Does Bidstation have a way for you to accept Payment from the invoice?  If the answer is no, you might be able to create the invoice which is sent to the customer to pay with Bidstation, but no way for them to pa besides mailing you a check or calling you.  So if you wanted to accept a credit card payment from your Invoice Created in Bidstation you may have to either be able to attach a Payment link to your Square payments or just Use Square to send the Invoice with the Credit Card Payment link.  From what I have read from your question is, Bidstation is Software that you can use for $399 a year.  ALL Credit Card Payments are through Square.  You may need to go and ask BidStation if you can attach a Square Payment Link to their invoices.  

The problem with asking this question on a Square forum, is this is a user help forum for Square, not BidStation.  So the questions here are answered by Users of Square mostly.  This is why I recommend seeing if Bidstation has a similar forum and since they use Square maybe that forum could give you better insight on what happens when an invoice is created there.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4