x

Why did you take away my ability to program our system (sales taxes) from our office?

Our Square register is used only on the road at trade shows. These booths are manned partially by temporary help. To date, things have worked well. I have been able to program the system for each and every show, from my desk, in my office. At the trade show, the temporary staff have been able, with minimal instruction, to accurately and quickly run sales with the appropriate taxes, discounts, etc. Today I was trying to make sure the appropriate sales tax is activated and applied to appropriate items for our next show, and I cannot find the window to enable / disable taxes and the items to apply it too.

I am being told that this benefit has been taken away. NOW you can only program these options at the venue, in front of the register. You have just made my life extremely difficult, and prone to errors by staff that should NEVER be asked to take on the responsibility of performing tasks such as these. Had this been part of the package when we purchased the system, we likely would not have purchased it. 

This is NOT an upgrade, this is a giant step backwards. I sincerely hope that Square will rectify this ASAP.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @tonyaweakly 

I would like to apologize for this confusion. It seems that our phone support representative may have understood you. You should be able to modify Sales taxes from your Dashboard. From there you should be able to assign the respective locations and enable or disable them.  I hope this answers your question and if I misunderstood you could you clarify the process you used to be able to do that no longer works?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2