x

Updated iPad checkout screen is unreadable and unnecessary

The Square POS app on our iPad must have updated recently and it's now very hard to read the right hand cart column. 25% of our already small 7.75" screen is now wasted space. Please change it back.

The right hand cart column, went from 5.5" to under 4". The text is smaller than the text in the left column, our longer item descriptions are stacked up in multiple lines, and its overall harder to read. Especially the SKUs. They were a lighter shade to begin with so smaller is not helpful. 

The left hand column of the screen with items, favorites, etc. now takes up 50% of the screen instead of a reasonable 25-30%. It went from 2.5" wide to nearly 4". Our longest favorite item name doesn't even stretch 2". This means there is 2" of wasted white space in the center of the screen that we could be using to make the right cart column more readable. That 2" is 25% of our already small iPad screen.

Suggestions:

If item names under favorites were being cut off, the favorite column text should have been made smaller. Not the cart text. It makes no sense. Better yet, the the left column should have been converted into a collapsible/expandable screen so it could expand to read full item names AND collapse so cart text is readable.

The screen change is obnoxious and unnecessary. Please change this back.

Strangely and thankfully the transactions and reports screens are still the old size. If those were made smaller they would completely unreadable.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@GLG What model iPad do you have?  I’m using an iPad Air 2 and it is still fine on mine.  Can you share screen shots?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2