x

Easy way for a customer to update their card information.

We have many long-term customers and their cards expire from time to time. We would prefer to have their current cards on file for their monthly subscriptions at all times. With a few customers, they have been weird about providing a new card number even though they have paid the invoices. Before their card expired the payments came without an issue. After their cards expire we are finding that the customers like to be late, ghost our calls, or chased around asking them multiple times if they will pay, risk a late payment fee, or cancel completely. 

My goal is to find out the easiest way to get them to update their card information themselves without needing us to call. 

Can you show me a way to allow the customer to update their card information on their own?

Can Square make a link that we can send to a user to specifically update their Credit Card information? 

On the invoices, I always click the box to allow the customer to save their card but I do not think anyone has ever done that. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @AgileDev. I believe the best way to have your customers update their cards would be for them to access their Square Profile and update their payment methods there.

IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that this page also serves as a way for Square Customers to change their communication preferences as well as remove any existing cards on file.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2