x

Usability issue: Entering stock is driving me crazy.

Receiving new inventory takes twice as long as it should because the workflow is really awkward and redundant. When I click Receive Stock and the Manage Inventory screen opens, the first thing I have to do is click to enable tracking. Why? I already clicked to enter inventory, so this click is redundant.

Once I enable tracking, I then have to select a reason. It would be nice if Stock Received was the default. This is two more clicks that feel like they could be avoided.

I then have to scroll down just a little to get to the quantity field. This is true on my laptop and also on my 21" monitor. This page feels upside down to me because the stock numbers are what I care most about. The units and location could be at the bottom. Since I only have one location, then I don't need anything about locations on this screen? That's taking up a lot of top of page real estate.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for this valuable feedback @shoneycutt.  I will make sure to pass it over to our product team for their visibility. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2