x

Adding items to Square Online store in bulk while also keeping them unavailable.

I used to be able to add my items to Square POS and they would automatically sync as unavailable to my online store. This would allow me to upload items in advance, write the descriptions, and schedule the visibility for a certain time. 

I'm seeing a new update has rolled out that has removed this feature and now I can no longer add multiple items to my online library while also keeping them unavailable without several extra steps. 

I chose Square Online as my provider because it was a streamlined and well-integrated system with my Square POS but this seems to be taking a step in the wrong direction.

I'm now looking for a workaround or something I've missed in regards to adding multiple items to my Square Online library while keeping them unavailable, simultaneously. Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi theere @compassrose01,

If you go to the Item Sync settings in your Square Online dashboard, there is an option to "Automatically add new items to the site", this will make any incoming items automatically available as they are added. If you have that toggled off, you will need to manually go in and make those items available. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Yes I did see that option, but that makes the items available the moment they’re added. Instead of allowing me to include a description & photos prior to making my items available. Which doesn’t really make sense to me. 

Message 3 of 3