x

Does Square offer a QR Code Payment Option

Does Square offer the option to set up a QR Code link for customers to self checkout to making payments?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! I'm here to let everyone know that we have launched a Self-Service QR Code feature that allows your customers to scan a QR Code and place an order online. Please check out all of the details in this Community Post as this can benefit in house ordering for contactless checkout. 

Have  great day and thank you all for your feedback! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @saspriggi

Currently, we don't offer the option for QR code link for a checkout link. This would be under our Feature Requests. 

Be on the lookout for our Product Update emails for more upcoming launces. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 16

This would be such great feature! Get's me away from other apps that are soley QR code based. 

Message 3 of 16

Hey there, @Windmill2029 👋 Thanks for adding your voice here! Glad to have you on the Community!

We agree - this would be a solid addition to our payment options. As Kassi mentioned above, this remains a Feature Request currently. Any future updates in regards to QR code ability will be vocalized here on this thread. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Message 4 of 16

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Simple Customer-Facing Donation Page (like PayPal)?

I run a T'ai Chi studio that is now doing classes via Zoom. I want to set up a very simple contribution (donation) link where clients can either do a one-time contribution or set up a recurring contribution all on their own. This is how PayPal does it for a local non-profit, and this is exactly what I want to offer my customers:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=xSQCc6bxbdDj4-6prBK9m59Z00UKD6lAG2Wl3yJAZVguMhwltahijRNqW2NALwE...

Can Square do this? The point is that I don't want to have to set up recurring invoices or wait for them to save their credit card information. It would basically be like Square Terminal but customer-facing.

Thank you,

Scott

Message 5 of 16
Alumni

Hey @smenzies

A Donation Checkout Link is the simplest solution. Check out instructions here

Justin
Message 6 of 16

Actually - they do offer a recurring donation amount but it's either monthly or one-time, not yearly.

Message 7 of 16

I am trying to set up a touchless donation option for our Farmers Market. We would like to use a QR code for patrons to donate without having to use the POS terminal. They can scan and walk away.....

I was told to set up an online option for donations, which I did, but I do not know where the QR code populates or where to find it?

Thanks for  your help!

Urban Food Connections of Utah

Message 8 of 16
Alumni

You'll need to create the checkout link from the Square app to retrieve the code:

1. Enter the amount you want to charge in the keypad from the Checkout tab. 
  2. Tap Charge
  3. Tap Online Checkout
  4. Write in the details of what is being paid for.
  5. Tap Get link. Have your customer scan the QR code with their phone, or share the link anyway you want — text, email, social, etc.

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 9 of 16
Beta Member

How do I print a QR CODE for items in my square inventory? I would like to print a code and attach to my kiosk for customers to scan and pay. I am not always present and need a way for people to pay when I am not there to take their card.

Message 10 of 16
Admin

Hi @Brianslink thanks for posting and welcome to the Seller Community! I've merged your post with an existing thread as this is a feature request for now and we are trying to keep all requests in one place. Thanks again!

AshleyK
Message 11 of 16
Beta Member

Great news! QR Codes for "Online Checkout" items are available now.

From the Dashboard, click "Online Checkout" to see your Checkout Links.

Just click on any link (or mouse-over "share" on the far right) for a QR code.

*** Important Note for your Graphics Team (and Square Bug Fixers):

If you download or "save-image" you will obtain a QR code *without* the required 4-units of white space (aka: quiet zone), so avoid dark backgrounds, or simply grab a screenshot with the cool Square logo border.

Saved or downloaded QR code (no border, white background to scan):

QR Code from Square has no "quiet zone"QR Code from Square has no "quiet zone"

Placed on dark background, QR code fails to scan:

Square's QR code pasted on dark background (cannot be scanned)Square's QR code pasted on dark background (cannot be scanned)

Screenshot captured with fine line and "quiet zone" scans AOK:

Captured QR screenshot with "quiet zone"Captured QR screenshot with "quiet zone"

More info about the required "quiet zone" is HERE.

Message 12 of 16
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! I'm here to let everyone know that we have launched a Self-Service QR Code feature that allows your customers to scan a QR Code and place an order online. Please check out all of the details in this Community Post as this can benefit in house ordering for contactless checkout. 

Have  great day and thank you all for your feedback! 🙂

AshleyK
Tags (1)
Message 13 of 16

Church needing to sell books via QR codes for contactless payment options.   My vision is: once payment is made, then the buyer can approach the sales table, show paid receipt and pick up their purchased book.

Can this be done?  How can I set this up as an option?

Message 14 of 16

Hey @Vstiff and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to one of the existing threads that goes over how to sell with QR codes.

Check out the link above in @AshleyK 's Best Answer for the article that goes over step by step how it works!

Ashley C
Message 15 of 16

Thanks... But I had already looked at that and it references dining and tables on set up.  This doesn't apply to what we need. We don't have dining and tables. We have books that we want to sell using QR codes to social distancing.

I researched sales options and can't find anything that is for retail sales only dining sales.

Message 16 of 16