x

When an invoice is paid is a receipt automatically sent to the client?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Receipts

When a client pays an invoice, or I manually enter a payment for an invoice on my Square Terminal, if the invoice was emailed to the client, does it automatically send a receipt for the payment to the client via email, or do I have to send one to them? 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @shardyer.

With Square Invoices, a confirmation email/receipt will be sent to the email address you enter for the Customer Information. 

In your situation it would be better to enter the client's email address (the person actually paying the invoice) but then add their attorney's email address as the Additional Recipient (effectively cc'ing the attorney). That way the client will receive the receipt and the attorney will see that they received the invoice.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @shardyer - Once you've marked an Invoice as Paid, the customer will be notified via email which will include a receipt for the payment. You can still send one manually to them in the event that they don't receive it.

Hope that helps clarify!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 5

That does, thanks.  I just didn't know since I didn't see anything saying a receipt was sent.   

Message 3 of 5

Is there a way to control who gets a receipt?  It requires an email address on invoice that I manually send to a party; In our case, (attorney office that does mediations) we send the invoice to each party c/o their respective attorney to the attorney's email address.  The attorney then sends link on to their client, so when the client pays from it, the receipt goes to the attorney, not the client.  That is my issue now. 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @shardyer.

With Square Invoices, a confirmation email/receipt will be sent to the email address you enter for the Customer Information. 

In your situation it would be better to enter the client's email address (the person actually paying the invoice) but then add their attorney's email address as the Additional Recipient (effectively cc'ing the attorney). That way the client will receive the receipt and the attorney will see that they received the invoice.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 5