x

What are "unique visits" on my website?

what are "unique visits"

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @redsrevival 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! So happy to have you join us. Welcome!

Good question! The Unique Visits metric on your Online Store Dashboard will measure the number of individual visitors who came to the site.

To ensure the most accurate data, unique visits and page views are calculated using a front-end tracking method similar to the one used by Google Analytics. Note that the unique visitors number should be smaller than the page views number since one person may visit multiple pages and generate multiple page views.

Let me know if this answers your question! - or feel to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hi there, @redsrevival 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! So happy to have you join us. Welcome!

Good question! The Unique Visits metric on your Online Store Dashboard will measure the number of individual visitors who came to the site.

To ensure the most accurate data, unique visits and page views are calculated using a front-end tracking method similar to the one used by Google Analytics. Note that the unique visitors number should be smaller than the page views number since one person may visit multiple pages and generate multiple page views.

Let me know if this answers your question! - or feel to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Message 2 of 4

hi 

does this mean unique views are new viewers?

Message 3 of 4

Hi there @LashAddiction,

Great question! Yes, a "unique visit" means that someone who has not visited your site in the past seven days does so. This can count as someone using a new browser or device when visiting your website. We recommend reading through this article that discusses the insights more. 

Ellie
Message 4 of 4