x

Verifying identity

Hi, I am trying to set up my account and I want to verify my identity, but once I press the link "Verify my identity" I get rerouted to a "Tell us more about your business" page and am prompted to enter all the business details (even though I entered them when registering). Assuming it was a necessary step I have entered them again, but then I am encouraged to log in, and the system takes me back to "Verify your identity" page and the whole process starts again ("tell us more about your business" page, entering the details, logging in and so on).. Am I doing something wrong here? How do I get out of this loop? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bARTuStudio, sorry to hear you're running into this! Our website can sometimes encounters errors when trying to connect to your browser. Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try:
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
- Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome, on an alternate device

If none of these troubleshooting tips work, please contact our Support team. Our team can have a further look into your account.  

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 4

I have an account and even linked my bank to the account BUT i cant do anything else because every time -- in the setup dashboard -- when i try to "verify my identity process" it immediately states "Square is unable to approve your request". I phoned customer support (in the US) and they hung up on me both times. does anyone have any ideas?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @EnglishIggle, I'm sorry to hear this. 

It sounds like we may be having some trouble verifying your details and we need to do a manual review, which needs to be requested by our support team. 

Our UK phone lines are open 9-5 Mon-Fri so please give them a call on 0800 098 8008 within this time, they'll be happy to request a manual review for you. If you have any issues, just let me know! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 4