x
Square Champion

Customer Profile Modifications without name and surname

We are currently using the loyalty signup link on our website and POS.

It will not allow a profile to be saved if it needs to be modified without a name of surname on the profile. As the link only captures their email and mobile numbers and not their name and surname no modifications can be made to their profile without these. It wonโ€™t allow the profile to be saved. 

Is their a work around?

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @phillipsrw, thanks for your post. 

I'm just looking for some clarification on your question here. Usually, if a customer signs up for your loyalty program, their phone number and email will appear in your directory (usually under the loyalty enrolee group) and you should be able to add their name and surname there after they have enrolled in the program. 

What exactly do you mean by it won't allow the profile to be saved? Can the customer not proceed once they have entered their email and phone number without their names? The more information you can provide here, the better. I may have to escalate this to make sure what you are experiencing isn't a bug or a glitch on our end, or if it's expected behavior. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

Hi @k_atie 

You are correct that the customer mobile and email address are collected and they have a profile set up. We do not collect the customers name at the POS (as we have to sign up through the link as only the signup link will allow us to input and capture the customer email and mobile address (the embedded signup page at checkout out only captures mobiles), so we have to exit the POS and hit a link icon on the ipad to open up the signup link, once we have used the link it's too cumbersome and time consuming to them go back in to Sqaure and and dig out the profile to add a name. The customers paid, signed up and wants to be out the door.

Online sign up is also by the same link and as we can't capture there name here.

So to capture the name at POS or online is not possible or readily possible in the case of POS

We use the signup link as there is no other way to capture their mobile and email, in particular the email so that it has the useable subscribed status email.

We use groups on the customer profile to add signed loyalty customers to additional benefits group say 10% off their drinks (this works very nice, giving them the discount automatically checkout ), so I have to manually each week  find signed up customers who have used the link (they have supplied both mobile and email) and add them to the additonal benefits group. This all works fine, a little time consuming, but as we do not capture their names we can not add them to the additional benefit group as we can not modify a profile by adding it to a group as it needs the name and surname fields populated in the profile before we can save. 

Ultimately the problems stem from the signup procedure, not being able to capture the opted in email address and mobile number easily online at the POS checkout, so that they are useable for marketing . We have tried so many ways to make what we have avaiable work but fundamentally it needs sorting out, as it's a bit of a mess. Our team and customers find it frustrating and annoying to the point where nobody, customers or team members can be bothered asking for or talking about the loyalty and signup. We as a business are loosing out, the customers are loosing out and Square will be loosing out. Hopefully Square is working on this I the background fingers ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Gotcha, thank you for clarifying @phillipsrw. I have tried testing this out on my own account to see if there was a possible workaround, but my attempt was inconclusive. What I'm gonna do is escalate this to our team to see if anyone else is able to figure it out. I'll let you know once I have more information. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 4 of 4