x
Beta Member

Square Retail Receipt Screen

I’m using square retail on a square stand with a connected terminal for card payments. Once the transaction is completed, the terminal display asks the customers if they want a receipt. We’d like to turn this off, just like you can with the other square pos apps. But I understand this isn’t possible for square retail? 

My dilemma is most customers ignore this and don’t select any option. I proceed to put the next transaction through, but the display is still displaying the previous transaction receipt option. Because the terminal isn’t directly next to our stand, for customer privacy it’s a pain having to reach over to select ‘no receipt’ before we pop the next transaction through. 

Surely 1 of the following could be implemented quickly: 

- Enable receipt screen to be turned off (same as all other square apps) 

OR

- Have a time out feature, so if no option has been selected within say 30 seconds on the terminal it goes back to the normal display screen. 

any ideas or workarounds?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @Ruby4, thank you for your message!

You are able to skip the receipt screen on Square for Retail. Unlike the POS app, you will need to enable this feature from your Dashboard and not directly from your device.

To do so, you first need to create a device code:

1. On your Dashboard, click on Settings then Device Management
  2. In Points of Sale > click Create New Device.

3. Click Retail > Under Customer Receipt select Skip 

4. Then Create.

5. Use your new device code to sign in to the Retail app on your iPad

You can find more information on setting up a device code on our Support Centre. 

You can also disable the receipt screen from the Terminal - even if you pair it with your Stand to take payments:

1. Log out of your Terminal and log back in using your email address
  2. Select Point of Sale
  3. Go to More > Checkout
  4. Under Receipt, toggle on Skip Receipt Screen
  5. Pair your Terminal from your iPad to start taking payments

I really like the idea of the receipt screen timing out after a set time. This feature is not available at the moment, but feel free to post your suggestion in Ideate  ! 

Lou
Community Moderator, Square

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content