x

Same owner different type of business

Reading through the threads I noticed that the business owner cant change unless you open a new account. I would like to know if it's the same owner, but changing their business from a for-profit to a nonprofit, could I use the same square account? Or would this mess up the 1099k tax form? Our second main concern is having to redo the Weebly/Square website in the rebranding process. Is there a way to transfer the weebly websites, if a new square account is necessary? We have spent a lot of time creating the website, our inventory, and syncing to social media; I would just hate to have to redo everything. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @operationarts 👋 Welcome here to the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

Good questions here! In short, we would recommend starting a new account. If you were to use the same account that your business had previously used going forward as a non-profit, this would most definitely cause confusion in regards to reporting at 1099 status.

I definitely understand your hesitation in regards to managing your Online Store and site - it can be cumbersome, for sure. The best solace that we would recommend is that we have a fully staffed Support Team who can walk you through the transfer and editing process to ensure your site if better than ever!

Feel free to shoot me a response or ask any additional questions if you have them!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @operationarts 👋 Welcome here to the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

Good questions here! In short, we would recommend starting a new account. If you were to use the same account that your business had previously used going forward as a non-profit, this would most definitely cause confusion in regards to reporting at 1099 status.

I definitely understand your hesitation in regards to managing your Online Store and site - it can be cumbersome, for sure. The best solace that we would recommend is that we have a fully staffed Support Team who can walk you through the transfer and editing process to ensure your site if better than ever!

Feel free to shoot me a response or ask any additional questions if you have them!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2