x

Will BUMP or FRESH KDS work with Restaurants for Free Subscription or do I have to keep the Plus sub

Here's the problem, I just upgraded to the Restaurants Plus subscription after using the Square for Retail for nearly 3 years .For the past two days, my transactions weren't reporting right and after hours of searching, I found my transactions that were "Awaiting Capture". Come to find out this is a feature ONLY included in the Plus subscription and has to do with the ability to reopen checks and settle tips, etc. This is all well and good, where the problem comes in is, after hours on the phone with Square customer support, and the nice rep manually going in and settling my tips so I could get my money deposited, we figured out that not all Restaurant Plus features are supported on the Square Register quite yet, which of course is what I use instead of an iPad. Two main features NOT compatible with square register is "Run Close of Day" and "Settle Tips" which is required in order to settle those "Awaiting Capture" tickets and deposit by money.

The reason I decided to upgrade is so my kitchen can have a KDS. With using the Square brand KDS you HAVE to have the Plus subscription otherwise KDS isn't supported. So iv taken a look at the differences and features and decide the Free Square for Restaurants would work just fine for me and I don't need the additional features included with the plus. SO I'm wondering if third party KDS like Fresh or Bump require a certain square subscription, or if I can downgrade to free again and still have a KDS. 

P.S. The tickets will auto settle after 36 hours, but if you haven't manually entered the tips (which I can't on register or dashboard) at the 36 hour mark, they settle with a $0 tip. The only way the Square rep could provide me around this is to log out of my register overnight, download the square restaurant app on my iPad, log in with the same device code (as to not get charged an additional $40 for a second device) and run close of day that way. This also means my sales reports will be incorrect and hard to track all day until close of day is run. A manageable hassle but a hassle none the less. *Sigh*

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Heya @LibbeR and welcome to the Community.

According to this Support Center article for KDS, it is only available with the Restaurants Plus subscription.

Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you there!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2