x

How can I ring up a sale and not affect my inventory?

I need to ring up sales on a regular basis that show exactly what was purchased. BUT, I don't want it to subtract that item from my inventory. Is there a way to do that? Currently I ring up the sale and then go back and add the item back in to my inventory. It's very time consuming. Help!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hello @IndianaSoapCo and thanks for your question! Can you tell me a bit more about your transaction, and why keeping inventory untouched is important to your workflow? It's possible to add an item and not "add" any inventory at all, but if you have inventory listed in your item, each transaction will reduce that number.

If it's important to maintain a set number in your inventory that never is reduced by sales, you could set up two different inventory items, labeled as "item_inventoried" and "item-noninventoried" or something like that...so when you ring up a transaction you don't want to automatically reduce your inventory, you can choose the noninventoried item. If you go that route, I would suggest when you create the noninventory item you do not input a specific number, just leave it blank. you still should be able to sell that item.

Let me know if you need any more help in setting up inventory items, or if this isn't quite what your looking to do, please tell me more about your goals here. Thanks again for your question!

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 2